CoC Winter War campaign

Started by Aksu, 02 December 2016, 05:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aksu

Hullo,
Our club started a Chain of Command campaign of the Winter War. The first battle report is at http://www.the-ancients.com/gemigabok/winter-war-begins/
Unortunately we are playing with 20mm figures, sorry about that.
Our umpire has modified the standard CoC campaign rules a bit, added lots of details and so forth, but as I am one of the players (on the Soviet side) I don't yet know what tricks he has up his sleeves.
Cheers,
Aksu

Ithoriel

Lovely looking game, great AAR.

Looks like the war is once again not going the way the Russians expected! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nosher

Nice one and good to see a period not often played getting some coverage
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

paulr

Sounds like a good time was had by all but Ivan Ivanov ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Aksu

Quote from: paulr on 02 December 2016, 06:38:56 PM
Sounds like a good time was had by all but Ivan Ivanov ;)
Yup, it was a very tense game. The GM even thought the game is over and the Finns should declare the game lost, but the Finnish player decided to stay on the field even against overwhelming Russian superiority. And then proceeded to shoot dead the Russian commander. All the russian morale losses were due to officer casualties. Sort of historical I suppose.
As an aside, I was morally obliged to play on the glorious Red Army team as my namesake was the defence secretary of Stalin's puppet governement of old Finnish reds during the war. No relation, though.
Cheers,
Aksu

Aksu

Forgot to mention, this was actually a historical scenario, the GM even had the names of all the individual Finnish soldiers involved. In the historical battle the Soviet engineers were still looking for the 300 kg demolition charge when the Finns detonated it under them. So I suppose we did better this time, at least all the engineers survived.
Cheers,
Aksu

Steve J

Great looking game of a very neglected part of WWII.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Lovely report and great scenery!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Quote from: Aksu on 02 December 2016, 08:32:43 PM
Forgot to mention, this was actually a historical scenario, the GM even had the names of all the individual Finnish soldiers involved. In the historical battle the Soviet engineers were still looking for the 300 kg demolition charge when the Finns detonated it under them. So I suppose we did better this time, at least all the engineers survived.
Cheers,
Aksu

Well done that GM =D> =D>

Aksu

Played another game, this time we the Russians managed to win with light casualties even though our troops were blind drunk and entered the board holding hands and singing the National anthem (combining two historical traits to raise our morale as high as possible). More at our blog http://www.the-ancients.com/gemigabok/winter-war-battle-2/
Cheers,
Aksu

paulr

Another interesting game :)

It looks like the Finns were very focused on the armour :-\