Battleground 2016 Show Report

Started by Leon, 29 November 2016, 12:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

I had another good time at the show.

This year saw me speak to more people than I can ever remember having done previously at shows, and I played more games at the show than at any other previously - 2 participation games!

I was told that I could have qualified for free entry, but paid as I wasn't 100% of the time helping at the club's table.

Spend-wise I think I spent less than at any other show, excepting Shildon (as it's a tiny show) and one Partizan at Kelham Hall where all I spent was £1 on a 2nd hand figure. Everything that I did buy was pre-ordered and after collecting them I stayed away from browsing the stalls as I didn't want to spend any more money. I don't really know why I was so money conscious, it was nothing to do with the show or the traders present - possibly its just that there is so much choice nowadays I'm concerned about investing in the wrong thing and can't get any body to play against, which is a opinion shared by other gamers that I know.

As far as I know The Old Guard Wargames Group is pencilled in to demo' a game at next year's show.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Orcs

04 December 2016, 12:21:08 AM #16 Last Edit: 04 December 2016, 12:23:59 AM by Orcs
Quote from: fsn on 29 November 2016, 10:13:06 AM
Yes. I went last year and didn't get the promised free woman.
Easier to stay at home and order on the internet.

You order your free women on the internet?   Please can you PM me the website  - Do you know if they have any redheads ? ;)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson