hacking attempt?

Started by petercooman, 27 November 2016, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Just got a bunch of hacking attempts again while trying to post my finished french line regiment. Only worked when i changed the title...

Techno

Harumph!!

Just got a 'hacking attempt' when trying to start a new topic in 'chat and news'.

All I wanted to know was....Is there a 'proper' word to describe puffed, puffy or puff sleeves.
Want to see how I need to do the creases on a model........rather than guessing.

Cheers - Phil

Luddite

Quote from: Techno on 27 December 2016, 03:19:43 PM
Harumph!!

Just got a 'hacking attempt' when trying to start a new topic in 'chat and news'.

All I wanted to know was....Is there a 'proper' word to describe puffed, puffy or puff sleeves.
Want to see how I need to do the creases on a model........rather than guessing.

Cheers - Phil

Paned sleeves
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Techno

27 December 2016, 04:14:27 PM #33 Last Edit: 27 December 2016, 04:16:56 PM by Techno
Thanks, Lud !

Thanks, Ian, for doing the testing too.
Worked fine for me when I tried, just now.

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

O Dinas Powys

Getting it now when I try to start a new topic in fun stuff, but had no problem replying to the dragonmen release thread!

Happy New Year!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 01 January 2017, 04:26:25 PM
Getting it now when I try to start a new topic in fun stuff, but had no problem replying to the dragonmen release thread!

Happy New Year!

Meirion

Okay, after a bit of trial and error, it seems that putting an apostrophe in the Subject was causing the problem!
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Techno

I get 'hacking attempt' in one of Will's threads, each time I try and post there  =)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Try changing the thread title as you do?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

:-\

I'll probably lose the whole thread, if I try that, Will.  :-[

Cheers - Phil

OldenBUA

02 January 2017, 04:37:24 AM #40 Last Edit: 02 January 2017, 04:40:30 AM by OldenBUA
As seen in the other thread.

No hacking attempt message when you use double apostrophes in the header if you want a single one.

But you need to add a second apostrophe when replying to a post with an apostrophe in the header as well, or you get the database error.

Backslashes will probably work the same way.

Confused? It's not that hard when you get the hang of it.  @-) @-) :-/

Oh, and a happy new year to you all.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Techno

Weird one, this morning...

Went to reply to Forbes' latest epic game report......got 'database error.'

Came out of that....went back to look for the thread....Couldn't find it in the list of most recent posts......OR.....Having gone into Fred's profile, and looked for his most recent posts.....Couldn't find it there either.

Has it disappeared ?

Cheers - Phil

fred.

Quote from: OldenBUA on 02 January 2017, 04:37:24 AM
No hacking attempt message when you use double apostrophes in the header if you want a single one.

But you need to add a second apostrophe when replying to a post with an apostrophe in the header as well, or you get the database error.

Backslashes will probably work the same way.

Good digging OldenBUA, I had determined that apostrophes in thread titles were bad news - but had't realised that doubling them up worked. But this is a pain for people to remember, so I would suggest avoiding apostrophes in thread titles.

This very much smacks of a software update somewhere - either in the forum software of the database software behind it. That is now rejecting content that was allowable before.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

Quote from: Techno on 02 January 2017, 08:49:29 AM
Went to reply to Forbes' latest epic game report......got 'database error.'

I think this is because it is named Fred's 2016 Painting Diary in the Subject and the apostrophe is not liked by the forum software

Quote from: Techno on 02 January 2017, 08:49:29 AM
Came out of that....went back to look for the thread....Couldn't find it in the list of most recent posts......OR.....Having gone into Fred's profile, and looked for his most recent posts.....Couldn't find it there either.

I wonder if you just weren't going back far enough - it is on page 5 of my posts, and it would have been a fair way back on the Painting Diaries thread as that game was some time ago now.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

OldenBUA

Sorry for the confusion created by posting in old threads.  :-[

Even though the small print said 'Nothing to see here'.  :D
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.