A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Trimming and clipping a medley of WOTR figures for a Kingmaker miniatures supplement I'm busy with.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Dacians done as far as sand and pva on bases. Ink to go on bases later... maybe.
Got bored painting and basing everyone else's 10mm stuff, so this afternoon assembled a battalion of some one else's 6mm British airlanding forces.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

10mm Dacian bases painted, highlighted and pva sealed.
6mm undercoated and bases sanded (its easier to go that way round in 6mm scale).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Base colours on 6mms and figures and bases inked.

Steve J

Hand painting some simple flags designs on some minis that had temporary flags for far too long. Happy with the result :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Figures done apart from flock, tufts and clumps.

Techno II

I've finished the Israelis (apart from the GPMG on a tripod.)  :D

I've just started the Egyptians..........I don't like those.....all those blanking pouches/pockets all over the place.. X_X.....and I don't understand the gas mask 'doofer'...I'll have to ask James what the heck it does at the front, underneath the vacuum cleaner pipe. :o :o :o

I'm also confused (there's a change  =)) by the list.....

What's the difference between an AK47 & a 'Kalashnicov' ?........I thought an AK 47 WAS a Kalashnicov.  8-}

Cheers - Bewildered of Wales. 

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It contains the carbon filters which take out most of  the gases.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

7 more Star Wars legion and a flames of war figure that had been annoying m for ages base coated and inked.
Two units worth(ie a load) of 10mm sword and buckler men for my friend's Spanish commission cleared up.

Sgt Kalasnicov designed the AK 47, hence 2 names...

Quote from: Techno II on 23 January 2021, 08:26:06 AM

What's the difference between an AK47 & a 'Kalashnicov' ?........I thought an AK 47 WAS a Kalashnicov.  8-}

Steve J

Flags on some AVBCW units replaced last night and hope to paint them today, to make them 'pop' a bit more.

Techno II

Quote from: ianrs54 on 23 January 2021, 01:07:42 PM
Sgt Kalasnicov designed the AK 47, hence 2 names...

Thanks, Ian...That's what I understood.......

I might well have copied the list down incorrectly for that particular figure......Was there such a weapon as an AK 74 (rather than 47) and did the Egyptians use those in the conflict ?

On the gas mask......The piccy I've got shows a 'bit' on Matey's back (shape looks vaguely like an well oversized hip-flask) with the 'tube' going in at the top........I assume that's the bit with the filters in.

But the front view of a different figure shows the tube 'disappearing' under his left armpit..........Unless a bit I can just make out (side on) on the figure's left hip is the mask.....in a pouch ??

Does that sound right ?

I'll see if I can Google a piccy of a 1973 Egyptian gas mask.

Thanks, again - Cheers - Phil  :)

Yes the 74 is same mechanisum smaller calibre 5.54 MM or similar !

FierceKitty

Renaissance French and German nobles reinforced, and first batch of Bohemians undercoated.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.