A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Fingers crossed for you and all the family Will. My wife works in school too and it's a constant worry. So far this term 3 bubbles have had to go home, but fortunately none from her year group.

paulr

Best wishes to Jo and the rest of the staff

I hope you and the girls remain uninfected and are unaffected
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks chaps.
Feel pretty good today. See how long it lasts...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

All the best Lemmey. Hope your wife has a swift recovery.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Likewise Will, must be worrying.....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Just take care, Will.  :)

Though how you're supposed to keep yourself, and the rest of the family away from this s*dding bug, is beyond me.
If Von or I were unfortunate enough to 'catch' it.....We'd both (almost inevitably) be 'infected'.

The pair of us had a dose of 'proper' flu 30-40 years ago. I had such a high temperature that I was (genuinely) hallucinating....(I almost knew the secret to life, the universe and EVERYTHING) ..and we still had to go and deal with the two horses we had in those days....I don't know how we did it.

All I can remember, is the pair of us crawling out of bed, driving over to the place 'Red & Flissy' were stabled...somehow dealing with their food and water...getting back into the car....driving home...and then collapsing back into bed.

I really don't want to go through that again.

All the very best - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Had proper flu in the 80s, that was awful. Spent two weeks in bed, tried standing up once and passed out...

Jo managed to get out into the back garden fir a few minutes sunshine today.

Anyway, Hafsid foot skirmishers done, photos later. Next five units assembled. Sand and pva added a bunch of bases too. Converted crossbows and spears to wear turbans.

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

Sod toy soldiers for a few days, Will.

Just get Jo through it......and try and avoid it, yourself. (Yeah, right, Phil)  X_X

All the very best - Phil.

fsn

Quote from: mad lemmey on 15 December 2020, 04:46:08 PM
Jo managed to get out into the back garden fir a few minutes sunshine today.
Sorry, and I mean no disrespect, but I did read this as Jo had escaped and you found her half way up a conifer.

I never thought I'd type this, but Techno II is right.

Stay well.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

More basing done last night and this morning. Nearly there in terms of core units for a game, with only the small matter of getting them painted...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bored today. Day 6 of quarantine.  Jo had about an hour of feeling okay today team, so a slow improvement. Had contact from new school and thats put my mind a bit more at ease.
Painting- Bloodbowl team for my youngest's teacher finished. Photos later.
More work done on non-combatant sci-fi figures basing, and last four Hafsid units base coated and inked.
I was so bored I even built an Archmedies screw and cistern inspired camp for their army.

Steve J

Glad to hear Jo feeling a tad better today Will. Fingers and toes firmly crossed for all concerned.

Steve J

Core units all based and some options covered for Lion Rampant. Hopefully adding basing grit tomorrow.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Steve J on 17 December 2020, 09:04:22 PM
Glad to hear Jo feeling a tad better today Will. Fingers and toes firmly crossed for all concerned.
Thanks mate