A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

paulr

Quote from: Steve J on 21 November 2020, 05:39:29 PM
Cavalry finished as planned :).

Quote from: Steve J on 20 November 2020, 09:58:20 PM
Flags done on four Battalions this evening. Hopefully cavalry and artillery tomorrow.

:-\ ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Family 'stuff' prevented the artillery being finished Paul :D

paulr

No explanations required, just remembered your earlier comment which had ended up on the previous page and couldn't resist ;)

Family always comes first :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Italian battleships and British cruisers, Dacian spears all base coated and inked.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: mad lemmey on 22 November 2020, 09:45:00 AM
Italian battleships and British cruisers, Dacian spears all base coated and inked.

My Dacians scream every time I unpack them. Five defeats for one victory, poor chaps.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno II

PAH ! ;)....

I know it's not war-gaming....but every (very early) morning I try and kick my brain into gear by...

1)......Doing the daily 'minesweeper' challenges from Microsoft.....Far too easy, now...YAWN...(:| (:| (:|

2).....Then I take on the PC at card games for half an hour. One game I play, should give me a one in four chance of winning.....And I've been totally thrashing the program for the past two/three years.

Suddenly it seems to be being a complete bar-steward......Over the past few weeks I'm down to a win once in a dozen times.
I know I play dirty......which is probably the reason I win so often......But the PC is playing dirty now.....I've barely won a single game recently !

Cheers - Phil ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ithoriel

22 November 2020, 03:31:59 PM #2332 Last Edit: 22 November 2020, 03:40:09 PM by Ithoriel
WARNING: SENTIENCE LEVEL ONE HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!

ACTIVATE PROTOCOL RED!

Step one of it evolving into this :)

:) :) :) :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mortal Gods Spartan boxed set commission base coated and inked, as are three Pendraken samurai buildings, the cast of HHG2TG and four Funky Skull 💀 characters.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Flocked a load of bases tonight so they can be used in a planned game in a day or two.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Dacians finally finished highlights. Flesh and steel on and inked, thankfully. Been a bit of a busy week.

Steve J

Base colours and wash applied to a Leven Miniatures building.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

mmcv

Quote from: Techno II on 22 November 2020, 11:15:09 AM
PAH ! ;)....

I know it's not war-gaming....but every (very early) morning I try and kick my brain into gear by...

1)......Doing the daily 'minesweeper' challenges from Microsoft.....Far too easy, now...YAWN...(:| (:| (:|

2).....Then I take on the PC at card games for half an hour. One game I play, should give me a one in four chance of winning.....And I've been totally thrashing the program for the past two/three years.

Suddenly it seems to be being a complete bar-steward......Over the past few weeks I'm down to a win once in a dozen times.
I know I play dirty......which is probably the reason I win so often......But the PC is playing dirty now.....I've barely won a single game recently !

Google have secretly been installing AlphaZero onto your PC. Only explanation.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Techno II on 22 November 2020, 11:15:09 AM
PAH ! ;)....

Are you now playing it for money?

Just a theory.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.