Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Probably worth a bit.

On eye tests, Arrowe Park just set my diabetic test for next SAturday
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Trench extended today, found a complete luadanim bottle in it! hole cut in exterior wall, pipe work for upstairs toilet fitted across kitchen floor, wiring chased in, sockets wired in, brokenn pipe repaired, pipework boxed in (by me), door frame plaster boardededed by me, soil pipe surrounded by pea gravel.

Just a quiet day.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Sounds like you're doing a grand job Will. Did you take a swig from the bottle to ease the pain of the day ;) :D?

Techno

Brilliant work, Will !

I was wondering about the bottle, as well, Steve ! ;D ;D

Never found anything exciting 'digging'...never will now.
I wouldn't mind having a go at metal 'detectoring' in the fields, at some stage....but I think the best I'd find are a lot of old horseshoes.....and possibly mortar shells, from what I understood from 'Old Sid' who used to live up the road. (So perhaps I'll give it a miss.) ;)

Cheers - Phil.

toxicpixie

Have a watch Of the Detecorists by Mackenzie Crook - it's very low key and very funny!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

The Detectorists is just sublime telly :).

I've finished flocking the pillbox bases, so all the defence pieces are now completed ready for my mini-campaign.

Techno

Quote from: toxicpixie on 29 August 2020, 09:32:34 AM
Have a watch Of the Detecorists by Mackenzie Crook - it's very low key and very funny!

I know you lot think I'm completely daft.....But I'm NOT risking digging up old bits of WWII stuff.
Petrol fireballs are my absolute limit.....and i won't be doing that again. X_X

Cheers - Phil :P

Steve J

Bases completed on a variety of WWII infantry to round off existing forces. Uniforms to be started tomorrow.

FierceKitty

Dacian nobles done, Bastarnae and Trogloditae under the brush.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

You're painting illegitimate cavemen now?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

Did that many years ago with a neolithic hunting party. There was much indignation on the part of the player who ended up playing the dog.

toxicpixie

Bet the dog was the most useful member of the group :D

FierceKitty

We all got eaten by a pack of sabre-tooths.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

4 and a half bags of self-levelling compound mixed by hand and poured onto the kitchen floor today.
That's my bit done, now its up to the Amazing Mrs Denham to decorate.
Oh, and 94 shield transfers applied to the 10mm auxiliaries I've not touched in nearly 3 weeks.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

A bit of basing done to some terrain. Hopefully some painting today.