A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Back is twinging, kitchen finishing is going to be at least another week, just got both barrels from Mrs D...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Mr D. =)

FFS  X_X  If it's twinging (NOW) it's telling you not to extract the urine.

Cheers - Dr (not) Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Auxilia done apart from shield transfers (still waiting on the baggage train for these) and basing.
Started a box of 28mm US Paras and a few add one.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Went to Halfords this morning to pick up primer and satin black spray paint as the Army Painter can I bought is useless, clogging up after one highly splattery spray.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nearly finished the US airborne, just can't get to the table at the moment as my eldest is practising flute in front of it! 🎼🎵🎶🎵🎶⭐

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Trust the ear defenders are good enough Will  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Feeling in a funk at the idea of applying transfers to airborne. Guess I will do them in one big hit along with Auxilia when their shield transfers arrive, then their basing..
So, painted 2 Leander class cruisers, 3 Perth class, the Royal Soveign, 2 M&L class destroyers, and 4 Italian Cruisers instead, and, like the Very Hungry Catapillar, I felt much better...

🐛

O Dinas Powys

Stormcaster Eternal reinforcements built; Sigmarite Mausoleum finished: quite a nice little 28mm mini-necropolis/scatter terrain which my D&D GM is already eyeing up for nefarious purposes  :-S
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

FierceKitty

Cancelled class this afternoon - Sarmatians made significant progress.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two units of Roman cavalry, two bases of artillery and 9 bases of skirmishers, plus 4 generals assembled.
Mojo back...

Realised the Warlord Roman aux needed their shields painted before applying the transfers - whoops. Assembeled the PSC 10mm Brits which arrived in the middle of a complicated call during the week, Got the 15mm Lees marked up, and I did get the Roman bases finished. Finally made a start on my pd EAP's. Strange but all my sources say they wore their armour under robes - the archers and saprabatha both have scale armour showing. Awaiting under coat 5 BF Challys and 3 Zevsda T28's. Those came with two choices of turret, the earlier one was used on BT-7A/8 so now looking for 3 of those. Awaiting varnish, once the Romans are did 4 Danish M113, 5 Lees, a Zevsda Maus and Brumbar, two buggies for gaslands. Also based up 32 QRF Dutch who are going to be Danish infantry. Anyone got a source for thin brass wire so as my challys can talk to each other ? My normal source, Rennies in Bold St has had to order from Germany so 4 weeks so far.

All in all not much done
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Planning additional units I need to finish for a planned BKC campaign.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Romans and eigth more WW2 capital ships undercoated.

Lovely homemade scones round a friend's house. Why she hasn't applied for bake off I don't know!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And I've just varnished the last batch of 12 ships.

I only mixed putty to base 3, oops.