A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Working again, but should find time to make a start on a few new Japanese today.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

5.32 is not a good time to run out of Olive Drab paint when attempting to base coat a tank division...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: mad lemmey on 13 July 2020, 05:43:04 PM
5.32 is not a good time to run out of Olive Drab paint when attempting to base coat a tank division...

Particularly since you can't mail order, withnthe dark lord on holiday  [-(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

That's a pain Will :(. I need a few GW paints that I use for terrain but just have enough left for the present, but a trip into Bristol iss in the offing when August comes.

At least I found some free time to drybrush some terrain ready for flocking today :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases for armour painted, as are two Italian Cruisers and destroyers and four British destroyers.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Some flocking done this morning.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Assembled a superdreadnaught, a heavy cruiser and two destroyers this evening after finishing the other ships.

Steve J

Thinned pva glue added to flock to stiffen it up and stop it shedding everywhere over time. When dry all ready for some static grass to finish things off.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Matt varnish spray helps with that too.

51 legionaries have shield transfers on.
Assembled 6 more destroyers, and along with the earlier destroyers, a cruiser and a superdreadnaught managed to sculpt their bases, and label (and in two cases, relabel) the other ships I finished today.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

200 odd shield transfers done!  :-B @-)

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Three goes, but 100 plus today!  :o

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Taken me most of the evening to remove the figures from painting sticks and put them on bases. Note to self, Gorilla superglue is a bit stronger than Loctite!

And I miscounted, one shield was in yhebwrong units colours and I had to reapply his transfer...

But the next set of ships are base coated.

hammurabi70

Quote from: mad lemmey on 16 July 2020, 11:35:26 PM
Taken me most of the evening to remove the figures from painting sticks and put them on bases. Note to self, Gorilla superglue is a bit stronger than Loctite!

And I miscounted, one shield was in yhebwrong units colours and I had to reapply his transfer...

But the next set of ships are base coated.

I was wondering what glue to use when assembling the tanks.