A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Cats a bit better, Roman army (i) finished.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What am I going to do with two packs of Copplestone 28mm Penguins I just found?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Zombie penguins? I mean something has to happen to all those zoo animals post apocalypse..

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 March 2020, 03:01:21 PM
What am I going to do with two packs of Copplestone 28mm Penguins I just found?

A miniatures game based on SPI's "Sword and Sorcery," maybe?

"This fantasy wargame is really two games in one. The Army game uses SPI zones-of-control and a combat results table. Forces include elves, dwarves, orcs, spiders, swamp creatures and a host of others set in a fictional valley on a fictional world. Some of the more exotic inclusions are memorable for their pun value: Unamit Ahezredit, Logarithm Son of Algorithm; places such as the Evelyn Woods and the Stream of Consciousness, as well as the notorious Hills of Avalon; and peoples such as the Corflu (Correction Fluid) Cultists, the (communist) Orcish Revolutionary Council, and the dreaded Killer Penguins*". X the Unknown could potentially conjure the SS Wiking Division."- Board Game Geek

*My emphasis
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Another ImagiNations units finished bar the lacquering. So that gives me two brigades now and time to sort out the artillery support and commanders. Then it's the cavalry, which generally I hate painting :(.

FierceKitty

Ming have some extra ground cover and should be sealed by lunch.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quite a lot of highlights, all flesh on, inked and highlighted, details going on, bases sanded, pva'd and inked (several stages early due to a step in Atheanian hoplites).

Steve J

Infantry unit lacquered. Then 3 artillery units base coated and washed, ready for highlights tomorrow.

FierceKitty

Ming done up; not much more yesterday, what with GMing an ennormous 4-player Romans and Seleucids game on Line (it works, but it's exhausting).

FierceKitty

Imperial Roman bases fronded.

New sandy yellow flock ground, sieved, and bottled.

Wife placated on subject of flock all over kitchen floor and my ineptitude with a broom.

Steve J

Off to make a start on some BUA bases for a variety of buildings for use with BKC, BP and BBB.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 March 2020, 03:51:47 AM
Ming done up; not much more yesterday, what with GMing an ennormous 4-player Romans and Seleucids game on Line (it works, but it's exhausting).

Hold on...Shouldn't that read.....Ming HAS been done up, like a kipper. ;)

Cheers - A Twerp........(FLASH....Aaah...Aah.....Oh, I can't be bothered.) ;)