A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

1st SHW artillery pieces assembled and crew cleaned up, all in readiness for my ImagiNations project for later in the year.

Techno

Quote from: Techno on 05 January 2020, 08:36:33 AM
Almost finished the model that's been driving me loopy for the past couple of months ! :)
Cheers - Phil

FINISHED !  <:-P <:-P <:-P *

(Though I've got a horrible feeling I might have to do a variation on it, once it's been pressed......But that will be easy, in comparison. ;D ;D ;D)

Odd......My eyes have gone a bit squiffy this afto'......I've been constantly staring at one of the 'arms' on one of the larger models I've got on the desk at the mo'...trying to do a specific 'texture on it.'....It seems to have worked....I'll do the other one tomorrow. :D

Cheers - Phil

* Apart from putting a base on the swine.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Flock applied to both Moghul armies and to the Burmese.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Flock applied to sweet corn fields.

Big Insect

I have a challenge this week - 3 days away in London for work - and now I 'need' to have two bases (so 12 figures) of 28mm Hellenistic Thracian Mercenaries, with Rhomphia for the PAWS competition end of the month. So plan is:

1). check that I have the figures in the Hellenistic to-paint box (???) - no idea of the make (possibly Essex or Newline)

2). if they are (as I think part painted - they were an eBay buy) then start 'tarting them up' ... or

3). if not painted - undercoat grey and get cracking on painted them fast. Good news is that they are not a complex paint job - dark grey/black woollen cloaks, white short sleeved tunics (I might run to coloured trim on hems and cuffs if I have time), bronze greaves, helmets, sword hilts and shield boss, leather belts and sandals and white oval shields. The Rhomphia (or Falx) has an iron blade and wooden handle.

4). then base 6 to a base on 60mm x 60mm bases - for use in a LaDG Seleucid army.

That will put my other projects for January way behind - although I have already finished a LaDG Sassanid 28mm Camp and 2 bases (of 2) Sassanid light foot Slingers and 2 bases (of 2) Sassanid light foot javelinmen. My 28mm Pict camp is well underway as are a couple of chariots and a Command base of 8 spearmen.

I must, however, also get on with getting my 15mm High Elves prep'd & off to my painter and get basing the Barbarian human hordes I've had back from him over Xmas.

Then there is the 6mm multi-player CWC game to think about in late March ... I can guarantee I will need some unit or other that I am missing!

So much lead ... so little time!!!

Mark

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

toxicpixie

QuoteThen there is the 6mm multi-player CWC game to think about in late March ... I can guarantee I will need some unit or other that I am missing!

Isn't that just replicating the real world quite well :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

Indian flock sealed; significant work done on the first French squadron of battleships and on some hills.

toxicpixie

The French battleships are climbing hills? Well, it may not help their manoeuvre but I bet it gives great arcs of fire!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

We're calling it the Maginot Line.

toxicpixie

Steve J

Lacquer added to Pendraken shell holes to add some variety to them. A few more coats required to get the look I want.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two hours assembling Donnington Ancient and Modern figures, Asiatic horse archers and heavies, a pack of each.
Beautiful sculpts, really detailed, well posed, great propotions, and no flash. Actually quite impressed.
However, separate weapons, shields, horse quivers, javelins and on the horse archers with some separate upper halves. Why?

My fingertips are now 90% cynoacrylate!
😜😳😱
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Quote from: mad lemmey on 09 January 2020, 10:51:13 PM
My fingertips are now 90% cynoacrylate!
😜😳😱

But hopefully separate ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty