A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

First squadron is under the brush: Victory, Great Percy, Temeraire, Africa, Leviathan, Conqueror, Agamemnon, Ajax, Orion, Minotaur. This is tricky painting, I tell you.

I am aware that a few ship names reflect what should have been the reality, not what was.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It's not the painting, its the bloody rigging, 1/1200th take about an hour per ship.  :o
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

These are one-piece castings, so that one I'm spared. But I've done 1:1200 before this, and I feel your pain.

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

16 December 2019, 01:08:45 PM #1341 Last Edit: 16 December 2019, 01:23:39 PM by toxicpixie
You were apparently pretty much OK even if you were an Emu... out of 20 000 alleged birds they only got about fifty, maybe as many as a couple of hundred but you know how kill claims get inflated :D

Edit: Actually, sorry the rerun apparently killed a couple of thousand!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

Another German Kompanie started tonight, with around 2/3 of the base colours completed. More detailed work tomorrow night all being well.

Not Drowning, Waving

Here in Oz we never recovered from it. The shame of starting it. The shame of loosing...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

An awful lot of bases base coated. Just need to highlight next.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Not Drowning, Waving on 16 December 2019, 08:45:15 PM
Here in Oz we never recovered from it. The shame of starting it. The shame of loosing...

The peace treaty is a classified document. To this day the Strine government has to give any emu six pints of beer per day on demand.

Not Drowning, Waving

Quote from: FierceKitty on 17 December 2019, 01:23:24 AM
The peace treaty is a classified document. To this day the Strine government has to give any emu six pints of beer per day on demand.

We never speak of the third shame.

FierceKitty

Not Drowning, Waving

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021