A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Fighting Sail is very much pitched at the Admiral level - unless you play the Frigate action special, you're pushing at least half a dozen boats per player, and likely more. It's not interested in the "nitty gritty" of each ship, just their more general overall statuses - stuff the Commodore/Admiral is interested in, not the Captain or sub-officers.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: FierceKitty on 11 December 2019, 08:11:19 AM
Got some sawdust for home-made flock this afternoon.  I may be the world's first modeller to use teak as a flocking material.

Nah, used teak (and ebony) - got some sawdust from a friend who's an antique restorer  :P
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

fred.

Quote from: Techno on 11 December 2019, 07:38:58 AM
EH ?

Couple of days ago I broke my last but one of my carborundum discs......Ooops...Better order some more.

First port of call....Scale Model Shop....(Damn...they're out of stock)

Oh well....It'll have to be Amazon then.

Ordered three packs of 10....and a CD to take the order over £20, so I can have free postage.
They split the order into two packages....One with two packs of the discs, (which have already arrived)....the other with one pack of discs and the CD. (Still waiting for that one)

Why split the discs into two packages ?

Anyone ?

Cheers - Puzzled of Wales. :-

Different warehouses?

I've used Prime for so long, I'd forgotten about £20 orders for free postage.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 11 December 2019, 07:38:58 AM
EH ?

Couple of days ago I broke my last but one of my carborundum discs......Ooops...Better order some more.

First port of call....Scale Model Shop....(Damn...they're out of stock)

Oh well....It'll have to be Amazon then.

Ordered three packs of 10....and a CD to take the order over £20, so I can have free postage.
They split the order into two packages....One with two packs of the discs, (which have already arrived)....the other with one pack of discs and the CD. (Still waiting for that one)

Why split the discs into two packages ?

Anyone ?

Cheers - Puzzled of Wales. :-

Step daughter has worked for a couple of companies that use Amazon, and it may well be this. 
1.Some orders are fulfilled by Amazon warehouses (fulfilment centres) from stock supplied by the seller.
2. Other orders are fulfilled the seller direct.

In the first case  if the order cant be fulfilled by Amazon from stock, Amazon will immediately send what they have. They will then request the seller restock them to fulfil the other order.   The seller has a tight timescale to restock Amazon and if this is not met Amazon puts on horrendous punitive charges to the seller.

On one occasion they were so tight they did not have time to unwrap the a case of 12 bottles ( The Amazon van was waiting)  so it was cheaper to throw a case of 12 into a box to send to the customer than pay the punitive charges.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

Basecoat dark brown applied to a variety of 18thC units for my ImagiNations army. Drybrushing later once this is dry.

Steve J

Drybrushing completed. Hopefully start basecoats on some units tomorrow.

FierceKitty

British fleet clipped and filed, awaiting undercoat. Allied fleet halfway there, or nearly.

Techno

Quote from: Orcs on 11 December 2019, 10:14:01 PM

In the first case  if the order cant be fulfilled by Amazon from stock, Amazon will immediately send what they have. They will then request the seller restock them to fulfil the other order.   The seller has a tight timescale to restock Amazon and if this is not met Amazon puts on horrendous punitive charges to the seller.

Ah.....That makes sense.

Thanks, Mark.

Cheers - Phil

Black seas game at the club last night, simple but gave the right flavour, despite missprints etc....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

A company of US Airborne for BKC finished this morning, with flocking to follow on this afternoon. So I now have a Battalion painted up, with just organic anti-tank and artillery support to follow.

Steve J

Flocking completed. I think I'll dig out my WWII Germans next to remind myself how far I got painting them before they got parked for whatever reason.

FierceKitty

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Base coats and inks on two new batches.
Just wish every time I want to varnish the previous batch it wouldn't rain or freeze!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner