A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

A quick pic of army that will be fielded in our final brexite campaign on Tuesday. I've some more units to add, but it feels nice to be able to play with a force that I have painted myself and not had to borrow from Dave :D. More detailed pics to follow.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Boots, helmets and cuffs on Prussians painted done. Horse furniture done and inked.
Cross and waist belts on 15mms.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Yup....

Very nice indeed, Steve.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just moustaches on the crew, and horse flashes to do on artillery horses. 15mm almost done too before tidying up.
Good thing I remembered the steel band down the back of the helmet...

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 09 December 2019, 11:02:17 PM
the steel band down the back of the helmet...

Will saves the day from the Suzi Quatro earworm, by reminding me of a bit of an Emerson, Lake & Palmer.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

FierceKitty

Just had the dispatch of Trafalgar fleets confirmed. Anyone want to send me copies of interesting rulesets to build into the ones I'm writing?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

EH ?

Couple of days ago I broke my last but one of my carborundum discs......Ooops...Better order some more.

First port of call....Scale Model Shop....(Damn...they're out of stock)

Oh well....It'll have to be Amazon then.

Ordered three packs of 10....and a CD to take the order over £20, so I can have free postage.
They split the order into two packages....One with two packs of the discs, (which have already arrived)....the other with one pack of discs and the CD. (Still waiting for that one)

Why split the discs into two packages ?

Anyone ?

Cheers - Puzzled of Wales. :-\

FierceKitty

Got some sawdust for home-made flock this afternoon.  I may be the world's first modeller to use teak as a flocking material.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

In answer to the rules question - Fighting Sail, and Black Seas will give you some ideas, dont bother with Trafalgar - Fighting Sail covers it. Wooden Ships and Iron mMen is good but I suspect it it would be rather expensive these days. Langton has dpone a set, cant remeber the title, see the Tumbling Doce web site. Finally there is Action under Sail, several editions, but now out of print. Last two may be rather to deatiled though.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

I enjoyed Fighting Sail, nice and quick with enough period character it felt in flavour of the times.

I've heard some disappointed buzz over Black Seas, much like Cruel Seas but not so much as over SPORK. Warlord seem to have made a habit out of released half play tested badly edited rule books recently, in the classic "but it's supposed to mean THIS but is written like THAT and only understandable if you already know how it works because you're the author" sort of way...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

11 December 2019, 10:43:48 AM #1304 Last Edit: 11 December 2019, 10:46:25 AM by FierceKitty
Thanks, all. Langton's lot are Signal Close Action; the fast play version seems to be highly regarded. WSaIM is known to me; I know a Thai gamer who has it. I really want something less captainy and more admirally than that one.