A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Highlighted bases and sealed with pva
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: FierceKitty on 18 September 2019, 06:46:43 AM
Meanwhile, does anyone here have any experience of using Vikings in battles? I'm not talking about little raids and figures glued to pennies here.

Never got an answer to this one.....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I do, but only in 28mm or as an ally
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 03 October 2019, 02:00:25 AM
Never got an answer to this one.....

We've played big battles with To The Strongest, also multi-player saga with all the forces on each side being the same, this becomes much more than a skirmish and feels like a  battle
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

FierceKitty

Really wondering whether they'd be worth getting as extra opponents for my medieval Byzantines.

Big Insect

Quote from: FierceKitty on 03 October 2019, 09:52:28 AM
Really wondering whether they'd be worth getting as extra opponents for my medieval Byzantines.

Who have you got already? Also which Byzantine are you talking about ... ?

General enemies are:

- Arabs (various Caliphates)
- Seljuk Turks
- Ottoman Turks
- Rus
- Pechnegs
- Khazar
- Catalan Grand Company
- Latin Crusaders (early middle & late)
- Early Italian City States
- Italio-Normans
- Wallachians
- Early German Imperialist
- Bulgars
- Slavs
- Armenian Rebels
- Georgians
- Venetians

So quite a few to choose from and I have probably missed at least one obvious one!

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

FierceKitty

At present my east Romans fight the Sassanids, the Franks, and the Ayyubids (with a few changes for different eras).

Steve J

British SYW Dragoons and Light Dragoons based, the pva glue and grit added to the bases. My aim is to get a brigade finished before we can meet up for more games in November.

Steve J

Made some bases from 1.60mm ABS, plus sorted through my infantry to try and figure out what I had intended! Luckily it all sort of came back to me, so onto basing tomorrow night.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Base coated and rebuilt stuff...
Never buy cheap superglue...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 October 2019, 07:00:55 AM
Never buy cheap superglue...

It can also remove retina !

I use loads of it though, bought most of the stock in Poundworld Birkenhead when they went broke.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

A few more British SYW units based, but limited in what I can do due to an inguinal hernia that I somehow gave myself to 'acquire' earlier in the week :(. So I've been planning some Dragon Rampant action to play on a small board whilst things settle down.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Stuff highlighted, flesh base coated, inked and highlighted.