A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Horse tack on samurai done this afternoon
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Samurai cavalry done, apart from mons where a friend is making transfers for me.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ashugari archers and another batch of lancers undercoated

Duke Speedy of Leighton

72 archers and 18 lancers base coated and inked.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Samurai, horses and ashugau highlighted, then flesh added and inked.

Steve J

No painting this week so far due to getting other gaming stuff sorted. I did make a start on a scratch built bridge last night, which I hope to make progress on today.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Flesh highlighted
80s terrorists researched, base coated and inked.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And bows and back banner poles base coated too.

Steve J

5 haystacks sculpted and finished scratch building the bridge :).

Steve J

More work done on some stream sections.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Samurai almost done, just tidying up and then mons to add.
1980s Terrorists lots of progress made

Campaign set up for tomorrow, hope to see some of you there.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

84 15mm Samurai and ashugau done, apart from transfers for mons.
1980s Terrorists finished too.
Photos of the latter batch tomorrow, hopefully.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Assembled 80+ 10mm libyians and sand and pva'd the bases of 40 odd 28mm hobbits and a 15mm farm complex.
Will get some base coating of some random bits done next.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Base coated and inked 4 hobbits, and the militia miniatures original Kickstarter models too.

Big Insect

I thought I'd add my own 3-pence to this amazing 68 page thread.

So ... this week/month/year I am mostly:

1). making up (painting) some 15mm Command bases to convert my FoW Africa Korp and US 9th Infantry division into a BKCIV force for the BKCIV Boot Camp on June 15th (have i mentioned this event before?)

2). finishing off 28mm Ancient German casualty markers - for my 'Savage' Ancient German army to compete at the LaDG competition at 'Attack' in Devizes in July - this involves putting casualty figures on hexagonal bases, adding Minibits dice frames and painting them up. It's an attempt to 'tidy up' my table top gaming as i usually use a mass of different colored tokens and the table can get very messy!

3). basing up a host of 6mm Cold War Warsaw Pact and Bundeswehr Infantry and Infantry Support - for the big Cold War Commander 2 day game later in the year. The armour is always the fun thing to get painted up, its the infantry I always find a chore. At least with BMPs and Marders I's there is only 1 stand in each (as they are IFVs)!

4). 28mm Assyrians ... hmmm this is a labour of love! I adore the Foundry Assyrian range but putting together and painting 4 horse, 4 crew chariots is a challenge. These are for another 28mm LadG competition at Virtus, in December in Cardiff.

5). there is my big (28mm) fantasy/Warband project .... I must this year get my Mordor Orc army finished - I've done all the fancy stuff - General, Magic user, Trolls, Spiders, wolf-riders, scouts - I've even found a fantastic giant standing 18cm high) but it's the Orcs themselves (f'ousands of em sah!) that I need to knuckle down to finishing off

That plus BCKIV errata and the SCW and Korean war supplements to do, plus CWCII to get started on and other Commander bits and pieces ... it's busy busy busy in the Fry study.

:) :) :) :) but I wouldn't have it any other way

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.