A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Just for a change.......I've got a 1/6 scale resin (?) figure on the desk at the mo' that I've been asked to repair.
The repairs, themselves, will be very simple.....But I'm going to struggle to match the 'old bronze' colour that the model is covered with. :-SS
I did a similar job on another 'presentation type' figure about 10 years ago.....But for the life of me I can't remember what paints I used to give an 'old metal' effect.

Cheers - Phil

Norm

Probably an artists acrylic of something like antique brass, with a dirty wash applied might get close.

Techno

Thanks, Norm. :)

That sounds very much like I remember doing last time......I think I had to do some sort of mix with one of the 'metals' that I've got in the drawer, as I haven't got anything like an already made antique brass to hand......Then gave it a wash of a brown/black mix. (Said he, guessing wildly.)

I'm just going to have to do some experimenting. X_X

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Sassanid levies are based; Amrtaka elite cavlry under the brush.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

18 bases of Ray's stuff worked on, Lowlanders finished ready for basing.

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Steve J

Some Leven Miniatures buildings basecoated. Further painting curtailed whilst we watched the 'Inside Out' film on BBC1 which was brilliant!

mmcv

Quote from: Steve J on 01 January 2019, 09:17:16 PM
Some Leven Miniatures buildings basecoated. Further painting curtailed whilst we watched the 'Inside Out' film on BBC1 which was brilliant!

I was priming some figures while watching that, great wee film.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Tis a good film.
A night of sand and pva for me!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

48 bases inked tonight.
Exciting huh?

FierceKitty

Amrtaka done; Chionites and LI archers to begin today, and maybe the Gysnaspar. These are Sassanid Persian units, in case anyone doesn't know, though if you give a hoot about it you probably do know anyway, so forget I said it.

FierceKitty

First Persian skirmishers and the last of the royal cavalry are painted. Now remain these things four: Hepthalite "white Hun" auxiliary horse, Asvadan feudal lancers, Daylami javelinmen, and some Persian slingers. Alas, Monday sees me back at the chalk face....

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good luck with the chalk face, I went back on Thor's Day!

Steve J

Two Leven Miniatures buildings finished tonight. First chance I've had to paint for quite a few days now.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases painted and highlights done, bases pva sealed.
US navy MTBs built and undercoated. FV432 & FV438 and flag fineals assembled, drilled and undercoated (not same scale).