A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

6 bases of US Airborne combat engineers sorted into bags ready for gluing later on.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Young Ones and Mötorhead finished apart from basing.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

And today should DV see the Mexicans completed.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Chucking down here, chances of varnishing = zero.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Airborne engineers based last night. Cut a load of bases this morning with the aim of finally basing up a Battalion of Germany infantry and support that I've had for an embarassing number of years :-[. This may then lead on to further dents in the lead pile, all being well :)

FierceKitty

Steve J

A battalion of US Airborne plus support have had the fine surface polyfilla treatment to even out stands levels prior to sand etc being applied. Also managed to make a start on artillery and ATG support.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finished and based 2 more 28mm figures, 4 10mm ask and three 10mm scale giraffes!

fsn

Have you photos of the giraffes, please.

Mine are still without patches.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

FierceKitty

Tlaxcalan archers cleaned up and undercoated.

FierceKitty

22 October 2018, 04:29:53 AM #791 Last Edit: 22 October 2018, 04:32:03 AM by FierceKitty
First unit done. The Mexican archers paint up satisfactorily as Tlaxcalans; it's easy to do a red-and-white sweatband, and en masse the fact that they're wearing a gambeson merely painted onto bare torsos won't be apparent.
I realise I'm selling them short, just going for the least spectacular rank and file types, but I don't have enough years ahead of me to wait for a devoted Tlaxcalan range in 10mm!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

120 sea people's flesh base coated and inked

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Flesh base coated and inked on two units of Mitanni, then metalwork and inked on the Mitanni and Sea Peoples.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

120 sea peoples and 96 Mitanni base coated and inked finally.