A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Tequihuahqueh are about half done; not bad, given than my weekend involved a traumatic visit to the dentist.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Not good !

My teeth were fine for 35 + years after my 'childhood' dentist filled virtually ALL of my 'back teeth'.
After that....I went for about 5 to 6 years going to the original dentist, where I was told....." Nope...nothing needs to be done."....So I gave up bothering going...and I never had any problems, at all....Truly.

Some time (8-10 years ago)....an old 'mercury' filling came out, causing a fair amount of angst.... So I went to a local dentist, asking...."Can you take that particular tooth out, to stop the pain."

Dr 'Mengele' told me the tooth didn't need to come out...(Much more money for him, in doing fillings)....and he also filled two other teeth, which weren't causing me any problems, at all.

All the new fillings came out in less than two months...(And because he'd gone totally overboard with the drilling....leaving a tiny little shell of 'tooth'....They've all cracked off since.)

So I assumed they were just trying to con me into paying for dental insurance.....(Do a crap job...so I'd have to go back all the time.)

Dr Mengele seems to have 'de-nerved' all the teeth that he b*ggered up.....So I don't get any pain, as such.

I should probably made a claim against the practice......I'll never go near a dentist again.

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Traumatic and Dentist - two words that don't pair well!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Norm

23 September 2018, 07:04:43 PM #753 Last Edit: 23 September 2018, 07:09:30 PM by Norm
I have given up wargaming all together and am now dedicating all of my free time to working out how to get a 21 years old body again.

Experiment 28 has just failed - eating one and half bars of Ritter chocolate - my knees and back still hurt and now I feel sick as well.

other than that, a pleasant Sunday afternoon!

Every time I go to the dentist, the dentist politely says 'have you been having any problems' and I politely say 'no'  - I mean, why would you say anything else! :-X

Steve J

Having had plenty of work done on my teeth since I was very, very young, a visit to the dentist doesn't bother me one jot.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two teeth out this year (unopposed wisdom teeth, described as 'pointless teeth) and that's it apart from three fillings in the 80s...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

27 September 2018, 12:28:51 PM #756 Last Edit: 27 September 2018, 12:31:21 PM by mad lemmey
Otomi done, photos later.
Also painted 10 Late Roman cataracts catafracts and 8 horse archers I needed for tonight's game, but not had time to finish basing them up.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

In 10mm, 8 Late Roman cavalry, 4 AWI British, and in 15mm 20 Mounted crossbows finished and varnished before lunch today.

FierceKitty

3rd apprentice warriors done, second unit of the Jaguar Knights begun.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sand and pva on the 12 bases of 15mm cavalry and 10mm bases.  8)

Womble67

I've base coated a load of armour and trucks

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases inked, and a couple of coats of paint on the 6mms, then a couple of hours at the Museum, followed by a meeting at the school I'm supplying at for the next two weeks!
A good overall.

FierceKitty

Base remaining Jaguar warriors this morning, and time for the second Cuachicqueh. Getting there.

Womble67

Tanks and armour dry brushed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!