A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I know Winged Hussars are meant to be dead hard, but one just shattered three dremel bits!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Interview for teaching agency at lunchtime (back up in case I cant find owt else), then assembled various bits for the painting competition and sand/pva'd the bases on a '  lost interest, maybe it will come back, maybe not' project.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 July 2018, 09:47:45 AM
I know Winged Hussars are meant to be dead hard, but one just shattered three dremel bits!

If you mean a 'drill bit', rather than a 'router', Will.....You're not going in straight enough, and 'bending' the bit as you machete your way into the model. (It'll snap)
Got the tee-shirt....and it's a complete pain !

Had one of those on the 'ancients' I'm doing at the moment !
I said very naughty words.

Cheers - Mr Peed of with frigging sheep.

(Today....It was their yearly shearing time......It took two hours, rather than 20 minutes, to get them into the barn....and once they'd been done...Von and I were running up and down the road with the help of the chap who'd sheared them, to get the sods back into the field. I was more worried about the shearer's dog (Nell) getting knocked down in the lane, than I was about the missing sheep.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:()

fsn

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 July 2018, 03:15:47 PM
Interview for teaching agency at lunchtime (back up in case I cant find owt else),
Good luck!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Thirded !

Sorry for being late, Will !

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Tlaxcalans baggage handlers base coatedand inked, plus an awful lot of undercoating done!
And something modified

Steve J

With the lure of the painting comp, plus a desire to get back to some painting and gaming, I started basing up some British and Afghan/Russian troops for some TMWWBKs gaming. Nice to get back to it, despite the house still being 25 degrees or so in the evening.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very large amount of base coati g done last night, Renaissance commission and painting competition bits...

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 14 July 2018, 08:39:50 AM
Very large amount of base coati g done last night, Renaissance commission and painting competition bits...

Who is this coati g ?.....An Aztec god I missed when I was making them ? I really need to know this sort of thing. (I blame Kitty for not telling me about him. ;))

Cheers - A Twerp

Duke Speedy of Leighton

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 14 July 2018, 10:06:21 AM
Who is this coati g ?.....An Aztec god I missed when I was making them ? I really need to know this sort of thing. (I blame Kitty for not telling me about him. ;))

Cheers - A Twerp

Coati.
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Cute!

How long did that take you NUTTER!

fsn

Steve J

Cut hand now just about usable, so added some grit to my 'Great Game' forces for use with TMWWBK rules. As the weather is so warm, I might even be able to have a go at some basecoats tonight :)