A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 April 2018, 11:15:03 AM
Native Americans finished apart from basing.
Took me three hours to assemble 12 chariots last night, of which two hours and 58 minutes must have been spent removing wheels from my fingers! Maybe a chariot period army was NOT a good idea!

#-o  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

fsn

Umm ... are Native Americans noted chariot users?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Twin different armies old bean. Although that would be cool!  8->
I also remembered I had two Copplestone High Adventure polar bears for another project, I even found them in less than half-an-hour of searching and have them assembled. Also assembled another chariot (twice) to be a general for all those other chariots I built...
Butterfly time 🦋
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ErHo

Quote from: fsn on 10 April 2018, 04:34:14 PM

That would be a categorical "No".

They didnt have wheels/carts until years after after the arrival of horses.
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Ithoriel

Polar Bears and Chariots?

Conversion time!! :D

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Now that is tempting!

American Indians' bases sanded and pva'd.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: fsn on 10 April 2018, 04:34:14 PM

There is a type of trotting chariot racing which is practised in the US.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Chariot types undercoated this morning

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Operation 'Sortouttherandom28mmfiguresfornoactualprojects' Continues apace, Gangs of Rome done, French Indian Wars done apart from basing, along with two units of 10mms too, 28mm Rebel miniatures Darkhold Goblins assembled, Order Of The Stick Figures added to the indoor painting pile, Frostgrave gang done, but really shouldn't have ordered more kit for that!

Terry37

Re the polar bear drawn chariot, I went that route for my Jadis, Queen of all Narnia army. A simple conversion, save for making the crown I needed to put on her head. it was soooo tiny, that I lost the first one when it popped out of my fingers and had to make another one. But a fun little project.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Very nice work, Terry.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And more Dark Hold Goblins ordered, if all else fails, it's another Frostgrave Warband!  ;)

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

All previously started figures mentioned above, base coated and inked,

Duke Speedy of Leighton

School set up for the next two days.
Two polar bears, four Darkhold goblins, eight Order Of The Stick figures finished tonight (apart from their bases).
MM 13 Mitanni chariots highlighted and part detailed and two packs of Mitanni foot highlighted (temporary army until the Dark Lord decides to release biblical figures).
Big order of Frostgrave figures in.
Friend ordered 200+ extra 15mm Tlaxcalans he wants me to paint for MeG.
Curry cooked and eaten.
Not a bad day all in all.