A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Steve J

Finished drybrushing the bases on some more units for 'The Pikemen's Lament' rules, ready for some more painting over the weekend. I finally finished painting some scratch built destroyed houses that have been on my to do list for months. just some bushes and flocking to add and then they are done.

Steve J

Ruined bases flocked and ready for action.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Stage 2-4 on the next batch done. 94 seapeoples archers done apart from final flourishes, a few errors, and done. I hope
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Lion cloth piping, arrows in quivers and beards done tonight. Just flesh/sorting out tomorrow and this lot are done. Can't say I'm enjoying them at the present moment, maybe 210+ irregular semi clad warriors is too much in 8 days... 😉
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Lion cloths? That's gotta be interesting to put on in the morning, could be a bit bitey :D

I'm cracking along a whole bunch of c19th Frenchmen for Algeria for Alan M, and slipping in a few Irregular 2mm blocks for much the same period for BBB.

I should sort the 3mm PETER Pig ACW as well, think they'll stick with the ACW - test sizing suggests they're too big to be mixed with Irregulars which is a shame as they're much nicer looking. I also have my Xmas pressie to myself to get cracking on - some Brigade Aeronefs, couldn't resist the pre-Xmas sale :D

Am tempted to find a way to squeeze them into BBB ;) 
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

30 Sassanid Persians cavalry done apart from basing (240 figures in 9 days)!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sand & PVA on Sassanids.
91 Mycenaean warriors assembled
Much swearing at naff pva.

Did enjoy the Duran Duran documentary onBBC4.

Steve J

Based up 3 more units for 'Rebels & Patriots' this morning. Really enjoying this as not only are the AWI sculpts superb, but you can really mix stuff up for use in the early stages of the War. Some reinforcements have been ordered in terms of some British Light Infantry, Native Americans and some Militia. I hope to be able to start painting some stuff soon.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sassanids bases painted highlighted and sealed last night.
91 New Line Mycenaean warriors base coated and inked last night.

Steve J

5 units for Rebels & Patriots primed and bases given their dark brown basecoat. Hopefully I will be able to finished painting the bases tomorrow and then maybe onto to block colours on their uniforms etc.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Got to the almost finished basing, just need tufts, and my superglue has run out!  X_X =O

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Just based up 2 units of Native Americans and 2 units of Militia. I'm having fun mixing up figures from various codes to give a different look and feel to some units :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

After 4 days off, the painting machine was rested, oiled (beered) fed, slightly sleep deprived, refreshed and reacquainted with polite society via a weekends Wargames in Brighton, I return with vigorous projects...
42 Pendraken mongol foot archers assembled for making my Tibetan/Mongols into a 'White Sheep Turkomen' army for Rollcall (and a general, but more on that later).
122 Sea Peoples (various nationalities, all New Line) assembled
48 Sassanid Persian skirmishers base coated and inked.