A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The Amazing Mrs Denham too the youngest swimming this afternoon, the eldest has been curled up on the sofa all day feeling pesky, so the paints came out for an hour. 8)
Three stands of Warband Dark Elf extras completed apart from one flag and the basing.
Started highlighting some 15mm Roman cavalry for the next commission.
Plus ink and some base layer on epic 6mm Eldar.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Base layers complete on Eldar, Roman cavalry basic highlights done. Dark Elf flag sorted!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Virginia and Connecticut regiments done; undercoating New Yorkers and Tennessee forces.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Painting on 18 x 15mm Late Roman Cavalry (commission) finished tonight. They will be based for their owner in the next few days. Spent 3.5 hours on shields, and they're not even a complex one!!  @-) :-B

Also got the second highlight in my 10 epic Eldar vehicles tonight.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sixteen 15mm Renaissance cavalry, 3 Epic Eldar night spinners finished tonight.
Five stands of Epic Eldar Scouts started.
Just waiting on Leon & crew to send through 'special basing' for my Eldar vehicles. ;)

FierceKitty

Plastic rods have arrived at last from the US. A bit of 1918 air action soon, I think.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 01 September 2017, 11:59:35 PM
Just waiting on Leon & crew to send through 'special basing' for my Eldar vehicles. ;)

Oooo...

:-\  ???
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

2mm progress last night :)

Also shovelled PVA/filler onto my 6mm Tusk bases so they currently look like Christmas cake toppers!  :o

Still can't decide between the classic snowfield; verdant interglacial or fecund step-tundra looks though... :-\

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Five stands of Eldar scouts finished tonight apart from basing.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

One Warband base, one base of Triarii, 6 anti-tank obstacles, 9 jet bikes bases, and one character base sand & pva'd tonight. Inks tomorrow, painting and flock and tufts, all before their first outing on Thor's day! ;)
Hoping Leon and co send the other bases through quick so I can get the vehicles flying too!  :-SS 8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases mentioned above inked.
Six bases (24 figures) base coated and inked of Timecast Russians.  Just filling in, been sitting on the deck for ages.
After 50odd 15mm cavalry which were given to me to do in April, ready for not-Derby in October; various WSS hit the painting decks!

Techno

Swore lots, late yesterday afternoon, as the light was fading.
Was at a critical stage on a particular figure, when we had a power cut.
MOST power cuts here are simple 'mains flicks', when the power distributors switch something off and on and power's back on within a few seconds.
(This is still a right pain, as I have to go and reset the boiler's timer, each time this happens....But that's the only thing that's really vexing.)
Not last night, though !

After about an hour the power returned..."Hooray !".....Then went straight off again...."B*llocks !"
(Sarcastic phone call to the power company time.)........(Von made the second call an hour later, as she didn't want me upsetting the poor sod on the end of the line.)

At least it's back now. I wonder whose tractor went through the bloody wires.

Cheers - Mr Slightly Calmer-Now.

fsn

That great Spanish painter Goya* had a hat with a row of nails projecting from the brim. To paint at night he would attach candles to these nails.

Just a suggestion.  :D

What could go wrong?

*For many year the Wellington pub in Runcorn had Goya's portrait of the great man as it's sign. A few years ago it was refurbished and they've replaced it with a picture of the Prince Regent as George IV.
  =)
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases painted, highlighted and sealed last night, Russians progeessed

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 05 September 2017, 07:09:46 AM
Swore lots, late yesterday afternoon, as the light was fading.
Was at a critical stage on a particular figure, when we had a power cut.
Cheers - Mr Slightly Calmer-Now.

But where  you are I would have thought you didn't even have gas lights....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021