A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Dark Elf shields repainted, pen I had done them in had faded and smudged, so out with the brush instead!  ~X(
Dark Elf and Sirens bases ova and sanded.  8)
5/6 Triarii bases flocked, scattered and clumped. 6th awaits one extra figure (miscounted) ~X(
Dwarf heavy artillery flocked, scattered and clumped, then ref locked as I realised the flock I've just bought is a shade lighter than that that I am used too! ~X(
So Summer Green has replaced Spring, and Spring is now... dayglo! ~X(
Off to find what the next darkestbshade is to replace my now-spring-summer green! ~X(

But the lunch round the in-laws was fabulous!  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 05 August 2017, 08:51:58 PM
No, Meirion......A line of studs around the top of the belt, and a line directly underneath each one.

SO much fun. X_X

Cheers - Phil  ;)

That wind-up didn't work too well then  :P
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Techno

No...With these nerve blockers, I tend not to take much in...Especially at this time of the day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So...
One Dark Elf Lizard rider, plus 6 broken spears that I've replaced with pins on other riders,
5 Dark Elf generals,
4 Dark Elf mages and 1 runestone,
12 28mm scale 'WEG Age Of High Chivalry' Knights (dated 1979),
18 15mm Later Roman Cavalry
16 15mm Renaissance cavalry
30 Sea People Archers, 30 sea people swordsmen, 18 oxen, 9 ox carts, 21 crew,
All best coated and inked.

1 stand of Yann's Sirens and 10 sands of Dark Elves bases painted, highlighted, edges and sealed with pva for Warband.

Carthage fleet  pack found, ready to assemble. One of the other chaps at MKWS has just ordered a fleet and the rules.!:) might get a game sooner than I thought!! :D

A quiet day really... went to the doctors about an eye infection!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 07 August 2017, 07:11:12 PM
No...With these nerve blockers, I tend not to take much in...Especially at this time of the day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil.

Lol!

Keep taking the pills and one day maybe you'll ascend to a higher plane of concisousness and The Forum will actually make sense  :o :D

Cheers!

Meirion

O Dinas Powys

Finally got a chance to get some figures out after far too long!

Decided to evaluate my 2mm forces to see what I could put together for One-Hour Wargames as well as the Dux Bellorum they were originally intended for and sent to Irregular for some reinforcements and strips for two medieval armies.

Also picked up a 6mm Tusk pack with the aim of getting a quick game sorted to play with the sproggs - work on the 10mm stuff having stalled due both lack of time and me prevaricating about how to render the perfect simulation of the Pleistocene interglacial environment and hunter-prey interaction!  :-B ;)

Hopefully the weather will hold today so I can get some stuff spray-primed  :-$

Cheers!

Meirion

paulr

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 10 August 2017, 07:59:37 AM
...prevaricating about how to render the perfect simulation of the Pleistocene interglacial environment and hunter-prey interaction!  :-B ;)

I seem to recall that another forum member has a set of rules he uses for participation games for something very similar :-\
If I remember rightly it involved Mammoths  :-/
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: paulr on 10 August 2017, 08:22:43 AM
I seem to recall that another forum member has a set of rules he uses for participation games for something very similar :-
If I remember rightly it involved Mammoths  :-/

That was probably me, I've got a load of 10&15mm animals (partly) painted, but I was dithering on basing and how to do the hunters.

Anyway, progress on the 6mm incarnation: all mammoths painted, just need varnishing; blobs of brown are appearing on the hunters!

Hoping to it mostly finished so I can take it on holiday next week and try and tempt the sproggs into a game ;)

Cheers!

Meirion

Duke Speedy of Leighton

About half way through the chivalry and coats of arms on 12 28mm knights for a friend

O Dinas Powys

Squeezed in a couple of hours today  :D

Painted a load of 2mm strips silver or brown and whited out the shields, flags and caparisons.  Just got to decide whether to do the opposing forces in predominantly red and blue; red and white; or some other combination...  :-\

Also varnished the Tusk mini-mammoths and almost finished the cavemen stands - lots of random brown and grey leathers/furs, flesh and hair.  Only the weaponry to finish  :)

Techno

Just about finished the Korean War Brit commandos. (The ones with the berets, anyway.)
Gotta check what the next things on the list are.......Think they're commandos, too....But this time with cap comforters (whatever those are  :-\)

I'll check with Sunray and Nobby......And better get some piccies done, for checking.

Finishing off a 45mm tall figure. Seems to have taken forever.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Cap comforter  :D

Like the Airfix Commandos wore. I'll dig out some more piccies over the weekend.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

12 28mm medieval French knights done for a friend. Many hours of heraldry. Actually, 11 French knights and 1 that is the owner! ;)   @-) :-B

Sleep now...  I-)

FierceKitty

Currently putting boots on a second regiment of DamYankees; just finished a Fokker Dr. I, and am wishing I had the plastic rods which I ordered several weeks ago to base it.
Eagerly watching out for our feathered friends every morning....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.