A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Triarii bases inked. Base of Yann's Evil Men Sirens highlighted and detailed.
Then...
I got my inner geek on...
They've been sitting round staring at me since last October...
My Tumbling Dice Roman Punic War fleet now has base coats and inks done.

Roman galleys, hmm... could have gone monochromatic, but having studied Romans, and having visited Livia's Villa rooms at the Roman National Museum, Romans loved colour. Mine are going to be colourful as tart's boudoir!

What to do for my Carthaginian fleet? ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Pleased to say I've never been in a tart's boudoir.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Highlighting takes time when there's nearly 100 of them...
Hair, tunics, boots and trousers done. Interesting conversation with Techno about Dark Elf Witches and their improved dress sense...
Flesh, armour and eyes to do tonight.

FierceKitty

RE 8 painted and varnished, but my order of clear plastic rods hasn't arrived, so it can't be based yet. Odd starter, I know, but was my first Airfix kit when I was a little crawling chaos of a fellow.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Last week was painting our daughter's bedroom, this week our son's. Frankly I'd forgotten how long it takes to do this, especially as they both wanted painted floorboards. They look great but take one hell of a toll on my knees. The upside is I've been sleeping like a log! Certainly accrued plenty of brownie points as well.

Westmarcher

..... me, too. Finished daughter no.1's hallway. Now starting the bathroom ....  :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

Landing, hall and stairs are the worst to paint. So bl**dy awkward to access some parts, plus everyone wants to use the stairs just as you get set up. Ditto the bathroom, especially when you have just put the stepladder behind the door!

Orcs

Yes just doing our hall stairs and landing.  Walls very poor so have to line with paper before I can paint.

Your right, you just get set up and then someone wants to use the stairs, and then they act like its your fault your in the way !  >:(
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Albie Bach

Quote from: Orcs on 02 August 2017, 07:21:56 PM
Yes just doing our hall stairs and landing.  Walls very poor so have to line with paper before I can paint.

Resist that. I've only done it once and regretted it. Not easy to apply and apart from anything else it damages very easily once up and looks even worse.
Best just smooth over the worst parts. Really.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Ithoriel

Quote from: Albie Bach on 03 August 2017, 09:43:45 AM
Resist that. I've only done it once and regretted it. Not easy to apply and apart from anything else it damages very easily once up and looks even worse.
Best just smooth over the worst parts. Really.

In my previous place and my current one the wall plaster is little more than dust held together by memory, faith and the underlay of well-varnished Victorian wallpaper to which the current layer is applied. Wallpaper is sometimes a must!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

I've done some pretty boring things whilst making toy soldiers, but this afternoon........

Over a hundred tiny little (double) studs around the belt of a somewhat obese 45mm figure.
I really did almost lose the will to live.....Rolling each tiny stud out, between thumb and forefinger...putting it in place...neatening it....mixing more fresh putty, every so often..and repeating...AAAAAARGH !!

Thank **** that's done.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Drow done, just need basing up, commanders, and brown inkwash on the crossbows (as I forgot to bring it with me).

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 04 August 2017, 05:25:04 PM
I've done some pretty boring things whilst making toy soldiers, but this afternoon........

Over a hundred tiny little (double) studs around the belt of a somewhat obese 45mm figure.
I really did almost lose the will to live.....Rolling each tiny stud out, between thumb and forefinger...putting it in place...neatening it....mixing more fresh putty, every so often..and repeating...AAAAAARGH !!

Thank **** that's done.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Are you sure it was just a plain double stud on that one?

I thought it was supposed to be a kind of rosette look? Like an asterisk with stud at each point and one in the middle... (sort of like this: •:•:• )  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Techno

No, Meirion......A line of studs around the top of the belt, and a line directly underneath each one.

SO much fun. X_X

Cheers - Phil  ;)