A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

First six stands of Evil Men by Yann so close to being done! Just need to do shield designs, standards and sorting out, then .i can move onto basing.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The Evil Men of Yann are now done (wel, the first six bases anyway), 32 15mm cavalry and many 10mm Renaissance foot undercoated.
School athletics tournement won, stir fry enjoyed by all, bath running. Rather a good day all-in-all!

Steve J

Weather too nice to do any gaming stuff this evening 8). Shocking I know but when you spend all day indoors with no natural light...

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 14 June 2017, 10:19:36 PM
The Evil Men of Yann are now done (wel, the first six bases anyway), 32 15mm cavalry and many 10mm Renaissance foot undercoated.
School athletics tournement won, stir fry enjoyed by all, bath running. Rather a good day all-in-all!

The Evil Men of Yann (the Barbarian) is an awesome name for an army (/horde) - and, coincidentally, for a concept album by a either a prog, NWOBHM or (melodic) death metal band...  m/

:D

Not managed much recently, but I have been slowly converting some plastic packaging into a cave complex for dungeoneering and making some sci-fi buildings/scenery  :)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases painted, highlighted, edged and sealed last night.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Next batch started, base colours and inks on three Warband stands, bits and pieces here and there on others...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Four Warband Evil Men stands underway, including proper mounted knights (3 1/2 actually, the half stand is Renage Elves)' plus 16 x 15mm cavalry for that ongoing commission, and because I was on a horsy vibe, 3 stands of Warband Centaurs!
🐴

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Lots of highlighting, followed by packing to go away on a school trip tomorrow.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

7 15mm figures left to finish. The other 100 or so figures are done for tonight!

FierceKitty

Both ancient Chinese armies are painted. I'll see if my better half feels like road-testing them this evening with me.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Batch done, varnish and basing of my figures to do, then onto the next heap of 10mm arquibusiers...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

7 Warband bases sanded and pva'ed, fifty-and-odd arquibusiers base coated and inked. Many 15mm cavalry varnished (okay, 16).

Techno

Early Korean War U.S troops finished off.
First small batch of 'Napoleonic' censored almost finished. (I'm probably not supposed to say exactly what they are.)

Then there are all the 30mm figures I've been doing as well.

Boy...was my head spinning yesterday. I was doing four different projects for folk.

I've said it before, but getting 'headgear' right is one of the most difficult jobs to do. The tiniest little mis-tweak on something like a US helmet and it looks more like a Russian or Nazi helm.
Napoleonic's are just as bad for different reasons.....Getting the same shape right, on a number of different bods can be a swine.....And then there's the tiny, tiny detail to do.

All hail the Optivisor.  ;)

Cheers - Mr Boss-Eyed of Wales

Duke Speedy of Leighton

42 arquibusiers and 12 long swords Renaissance commission (all 10mm) done. Eeek, slashes!  :-B @-) =O ;D 8)