A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The sixteen are done and varnished.
Six more packs to do (c.22 figures).
Also realised I need another unit of Saxons for my Picts!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Next and final batch of 15mm Transylvanians assembled tonight.
10mm Falklands British 2" and 82mm mortars assembled.
10mm Falklands Argentine support weapons assembled (love the .5cal construction Techno)!  :-bd
Star Wars Armada fighter pack finished, now onto the ships from the main rules!!!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

19 March 2017, 08:05:44 AM #182 Last Edit: 19 March 2017, 08:10:56 AM by Techno
Why....Thank you sir. :-[

(I had to go and look at the main PD site to see which that one was.  X_X)

'Ere.......I want to know what's going to happen when you reach 15,000 posts, Will......Not far to go now.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

d_Guy

At 15,000 don't you both recieve a peerage or maybe you simple become civilians and start over?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ithoriel

I thought there would be some sort of ceremony.

You know, the sort that involves epaulettes ripped off shoulders, badges and insignia stripped, swords broken, caps knocked away, and medals torn off and dashed upon the ground ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Final batch of 15mm Transylvanians underway. Try to resist the temptation to do the CinC as a Vampire!
Also base coated and inked 13 stands of 10mm Falklands support weapons (company based for both sides). :)

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Currently involved in a tedious job: the Reiver Chinese are pretty figures, but the shafts of the infantry dagger-axes are desperately flimsy. I am accordingly  cutting off the ancient can-opener at the head, glueing it onto a copper wire shaft, removing what I can from the portion across the figure's chest, and glueing the halberd on. When this is finished, epoxy glue will have to supplement the contact glue I've used thus far. I know not whether the end result will pass muster, but they weren't usable as they arrived from the maker.

Of course, if some makers concentrated on producing useful ranges instead of yet another collection of post-colonial orcs in combat fatigues, this wouldn't be necessary, but I've had to take what I can get. Newlines have good halberdiers, but only one pose, which I'm using for my Han, while I see Ch'in as rather unruly and multi-pose headhunters, not as bronze-disciplined drilled troops.

Oddly, the Reiver chariots are better castings than the Newlines ones.

Techno

Lots of bad language and faffing about today, when a drill bit snapped inside the torso of a 30mm figure, when I was trying to pin a 'ready made' metal head on.

All better now.  :D

Cheers - Phil.

Subedai

24 March 2017, 09:31:13 PM #191 Last Edit: 24 March 2017, 09:32:55 PM by Subedai
About a week ago I pick up a paint brush for the first time since last November as I've gone through one of those complete lack of wargaming mojo periods. Started painting 6mm FPW Confederation and thoroughly enjoying my little self again. I even based and painted some 6mm metal trees that have been on my painting table for at lest four years. The mojo is most definitely back and I'm even thinking about making some FPW buildings as I am sadly lacking in that area.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 24 March 2017, 07:39:09 PM
Lots of bad language and faffing about today, when a drill bit snapped inside the torso of a 30mm figure, when I was trying to pin a 'ready made' metal head on.

All better now.  :D

Cheers - Phil.
Anyone else feel that Techno has battered some poor innocent 30mm figure into tinfoil using a very large hammer?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

....and realised too late that he shouldn't have used his knee as an anvil....

paulr

Quote from: Subedai on 24 March 2017, 09:31:13 PM
About a week ago I pick up a paint brush for the first time since last November as I've gone through one of those complete lack of wargaming mojo periods. Started painting 6mm FPW Confederation and thoroughly enjoying my little self again. I even based and painted some 6mm metal trees that have been on my painting table for at lest four years. The mojo is most definitely back and I'm even thinking about making some FPW buildings as I am sadly lacking in that area.

MickS

Great yo hear the mojo has returned :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!