A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Quote from: mad lemmey on 17 February 2017, 11:45:18 PM
Saxon contingent and camp done, photos tomorrow and then that's 900+ Picts done since August.

:o :o :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

A few more dungeon bits finished, just need decent light at a convenient time to take some photos - and then more time to get them uploaded and posted!
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

48 15mm Transylvanian Haiduks, 5 10mm giant worms and 180cm of Blotz mdf10mm fencing painted this week. Photos later, hopefully
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Of late my painting mojo has gone South for the Winter it seemed. However over the past few days i've actually felt in the mood to paint and have returned to my Honours of War units. Current plan is to finish a self contained Brigade so that they can make their debut on the wargames table soonish.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two mojo-less nights, followed by a couple of hours back in the paint mines. 24 Transylvanian Hussars inked and horses highlighted, plus an extra pack of Imperial fighters for Star Wars Armada!  ;D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Some reinforcements of crusades forces; Cairoiyyah militia and a few pilgrims under the brush. Then it'll be wild west again.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Almost there with 24 Heavy Hussars in 15mm for the Transylvanians.

FierceKitty

A few extra Tafur fanatics for my crusaders....

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Veteran Hussars finished. 24 heavy cavalry. Varnished and photoed to be done tomorrow. Armada fighters base coated and inked.

FierceKitty

Population of Dead Man's Knees await varnishing. Must settle down and write some rules now.

d_Guy

Quote from: FierceKitty on 13 March 2017, 02:28:52 PM
Population of Dead Man's Knees await varnishing. Must settle down and write some rules now.

Will this be a town that requires all* weapons to be checked in at the sheriff's office for the duration of the stay OR will it be uninhibited open carry?

* boot pistols, brass knuckles and slap jacks of various sorts would, naturally, not be  included in "all".
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Studded armour, on15mm light horse! Come on Essex, you're better than that!!  :'(

FierceKitty

15 March 2017, 09:08:05 AM #177 Last Edit: 15 March 2017, 09:10:23 AM by FierceKitty
Quote from: d_Guy on 13 March 2017, 06:37:17 PM
Will this be a town that requires all* weapons to be checked in at the sheriff's office for the duration of the stay OR will it be uninhibited open carry?

* boot pistols, brass knuckles and slap jacks of various sorts would, naturally, not be  included in "all".

Got to give female characters a few advantages in toting concealed weapons, so I think I'll put something in about not openly bearing arms, on pain of getting a strongly-worded note from the town marshal, or being refused credit at Sadie's.

The reality is soooo disappointing after Hollywood. One genre where fantasy is desirable.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Now watch 'A million ways to die in the West', very puerile, but the hero does a great monologue on how lethal frontier living was...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sixteen 15mm light cavalry highlighted, dry brushed and fleshed, then inked tonight. I even dealt with the studded armour.