A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Or I might be writing on them... no, it's woad!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

During a surprise bit of clear weather yesterday I managed to get a load of random bits a pieces (mostly dungeon related) spray-primed  :)

Feeling positive that I may soon have large swarms of vermin to roam the dank, dark hallways of my imagination...  8->
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Not-plaid and woad done...  :-B @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) <:-P
Not sure when I'm going to get these varnished before basing, forecast for tomorrow is either cold, heavy rain, or snow ❄️
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

WOW !

Just went outside, and upstairs in the pole barn, to do a bit of soldering.
Switched the light on......Plugged the iron into the socket,, when I heard the flapping of wings.....Turning around, expecting to see a feral pigeon, I was amazed to see a tawny owl flying straight towards me !.....Beautiful creature, up close.

Phoned the local falconry centre to ask for 'a plan' (I don't know whether it's using the upstairs as a 'roost, or it's somehow got upstairs and now can't find it's way back down again.)

I'll be checking after dark to see whether it's found its way out.....In which case no prob....
Otherwise, apparently we've got to try and throw a big towel over it and take it outside.
Got to check whether it's too thin....(Been told how to do this)...and if it is, the falconry centre will come and collect it.....Feed it up, and then come back and release it over here.

Been severely warned how sharp its talons are......This could be a whole new way to cut myself.  :D

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Fenton

Quote from: Techno on 13 January 2017, 02:20:03 PM

Been severely warned how sharp its talons are......This could be a whole new way to cut myself.  :D

Cheers - Phil

Would you be 'owlin in pain?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fsn

a) What is a "pole barn"?  Is it a place where vaulters store their equipment in the winter?
b) What do you have in a barn to solder? Barns I have loved are distinctly without opportunity for the keen soldering iron.
c) So in a BARN, you see a TAWNY owl. Doesn't that feel wrong?
d) It also has a beak.
e) If you do get scratched, you may have a new career fighting crime with owlish powers as Owlman! Scourge of the night, but a right hoot once you get to know him.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: Techno on 13 January 2017, 02:20:03 PM
WOW !

... I was amazed to see a tawny owl flying straight towards me !.....Beautiful creature, up close

Seconded

Be very careful mate and make sure Mrs T is there to supervise ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 13 January 2017, 05:09:51 PM
a) What is a "pole barn"?  Is it a place where vaulters store their equipment in the winter?
b) What do you have in a barn to solder? Barns I have loved are distinctly without opportunity for the keen soldering iron.
c) So in a BARN, you see a TAWNY owl. Doesn't that feel wrong?
d) It also has a beak.
e) If you do get scratched, you may have a new career fighting crime with owlish powers as Owlman! Scourge of the night, but a right hoot once you get to know him.

a)A barn with four or more upright poles......Sides filled in....but not necessarily......and usually a semi-circular roof.
b)Bits of wire to make 'bigger' dolly frames.....And I'm not allowed to use the soldering iron, in the house. :-[
c)A bit odd.....There are some Barn owls around here....But I've never actually seen one....Just heard the b*ggers.
d) I noticed that.....It was difficult to miss, as it got so close.
e) You're an OIK, Nobby. ;D

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

a) Ah! I thought that was a Dutch barn.
b) Mrs T is a wise woman.
c) Sure it's not Tawny owls doing impressions?
d) Fair enough.
e) Aw! First oik of 2017!  :D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I caught it....Off to A&E for stitches now.

I'm lying....It seems to have found its own way out...So I might have a sneaky peek tomorrow during the day, to see if it's back and using the barn as shelter.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Another 10 stands of Eldar jet bikes done for 6mm epic done today. Kept these in the colour scheme of their original owner, not sure I would have chose it for myself, but they look good in the end.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

15 January 2017, 06:57:08 PM #132 Last Edit: 15 January 2017, 06:59:45 PM by mad lemmey
Varnish done, now need to get on with basing, next units organised, Warband Barbarian box dug out for Thor's Day's game (easier in daylight), also found an unfinished box of Warband Goblin and Skelton units (some need basing, some need drybrushing, some need starting).

That's this weeks projects sorted then! :)

FierceKitty

Quote from: Techno on 13 January 2017, 08:10:34 PM
I caught it....Off to A&E for stitches now.

I'm lying....It seems to have found its own way out...So I might have a sneaky peek tomorrow during the day, to see if it's back and using the barn as shelter.

Cheers - Phil

Time to rename your barn Owl's Moving Castle.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Eleven Pictish bases, twenty Epic Eldar jet bike bases, three Warband undead and three Warband goblin bases sanded and pva'd tonight.
Then I painted two set of Goblin wolfriders extra figures on their sabot and the extra shamen on their said bases. Looking good. It was a nice evening of non-pressure, these will be fun to paint figures.
Now just got to deal with the other four stands in that box!!!
Inks on bases tomorrow hopefully.
And added and painted a dog to a Pictish generals base! 🐕
Oh, and assembled a few figures of the order Leon just sent out. :)