A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

oh cripes!  :(

Sounds like a nightmare, and so worrying.

Hope you can get things sorted. Cuts on legs sounds odd. I am assuming there are no glass tables lying smashed.

Take care and best wishes to you and Mrs T.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Crikey Phil! Not a good weekend then.

Hopefully its nothing too serious - probably mainly from the dehydration.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 04 December 2016, 09:33:07 PM
Cuts on legs sounds odd. I am assuming there are no glass tables lying smashed.

No, Nobby.......But I did discover a 'sharp edged' bit of hardboard under the seating on the left side of the sofa.....Right under the edge...Just sticking out enough to do some damage.
THAT....I believe answers the very badly skinned left knee.....She must have caught the edge of that, as she fell.

I STILL cannot figure out the other cuts.......Unless she'd actually fallen/bumped into something BEFORE she fall face forward onto the sofa. (I'm beginning to think that this is what happened, first.)
I found blood on the right wheel of the zimmer.......Which was to her left...and upright...and out of the way...Makes me think she was dripping blood on that first.
Skinned right knee,,,I believe.....was just a 'friction burn' from the carpet, as she presumably tried to get herself back upright.

I'll have to see if I can find any more blood on a drawer, maybe in the kitchen......MIL doesn't remember at all......But then, her very short term memory is almost non-existent, sadly !

Thanks for the hugs !

Right.....I'd better try and catch up on a load of work today.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Fenton

It's like watching Poirot and Hastings back together again in a new case "The mysterious affair of the falling lady"

I let you decide which parts Phil and Nobby are playing for yourselves

Hope she's ok though
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Westmarcher

Thought something was up this weekend, Phil. Understand your pain. Sounds all so familiar. Same basic story lines; falls, injuries, calls from FIL to drive over and pick MIL up from floor, memory loss, same questions within minutes (I used to change my answers to observe the reaction), convinced she's done things she hasn't ("was out shopping today" when she hadn't stepped out the door), etc. My MIL has had dementia for many years now and as time went by, required more and more care. She eventually had to take up residence in a Care Home where she is being looked after very well. With mind and/or body failing, living to a ripe old age is over-rated. All the best to the three of you. 

p.s. Fenton - Speaking of "the little grey cells" .... Poirot? Peter Cooman. Hastings? Nobby.   Phil?  Has to be Inspector Japp!  ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

I haven't got any little gray cells left.....They're all burning away, at an alarming rate of knots.....At this rate, I'll be in home before the MIL.  X_X

Thanks to Steve & Westie too !

Cheers - Phil

Matt J

Feel for you Phil  :(

My Dad has early onset Alzhiemers, he's only 69, and my youngest son (6) has ASD. I spend alot of time doing this  ~X(
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

d_Guy

Phil
Had similar experiences during the last years of my Mother's life. Stressful and exhausting (phyisically and emotionally).
She is blessed to have you and your good lady. Stay well, Bro'

Bill
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

fsn

Nice sentiments that I can only echo.

So how are the Koreans doing?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nosher

Feel your pain Phil.

Grey Lady Down is our bread and butter. Sadly old ducks on the floor are bumped down the queue whilst were dealing with 20-somethings with stomach ache, 30-somethings with babies with a snotty nose, 40-somethings with nose bleeds and 50-somethings with back pain, most of whom could have got themselves to A&E themselves or to the Docs.

By the time we get to patients that really need us things have often progressed quite rapidly.

Of all the falls in the elderly I go to, most go to hospital as there is generally an underlying issue causing them to become more vulnerable to a fall. Poor hydration leads to urine infections which affects balance, confusion etc all of which make the elderly more likely to fall. Unchecked, underlying infection can lead to urosepsis where the blood becomes infected usually with quite nasty repercussions.

Sounds like your MIL is in good hands and thankfully the injuries she sustained whilst looking pretty awful were not life-changing. Thoughts with you and yours  ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Techno

Quote from: Nosher on 05 December 2016, 06:30:14 PM
Feel your pain Phil.
Of all the falls in the elderly I go to, most go to hospital as there is generally an underlying issue causing them to become more vulnerable to a fall. Poor hydration leads to urine infections which affects balance, confusion etc all of which make the elderly more likely to fall. Unchecked, underlying infection can lead to urosepsis where the blood becomes infected usually with quite nasty repercussions.

Well....I'm impressed !   You definitely know your stuff, Nosher  :-bd......Hospital have confirmed today that she IS suffering from a urinary infection......Sounds very much (from what you've just put) that this could well be part of the underlying problem.

She's on an antibiotic drip at the mo'.....And was rather disappointed that they won't let her home until that's cleared up.
Poor old thing thinks she's been in hospital for 10 days now.....Not just the three and a bit days she really has.

Again .......Very many thanks to all for your wishes and support......Here & via email.

Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

All the best Phil. My good friends Mum kept getting urinary infections and falling down due to dehydration. Over a month or so she was constantly re-admitted for the same thing. Eventually he managed to get her keeping her fluid levels up and all now well.

At Matt J: My Mum had an agressive form of dementia at 65 and being a tough old bird, kept on going until just shy of her 70th birthday. That was a very tough 5 years for all concerned, so feel for you and your family. Our son has ASD and the early years were very, very hard, but now he's 16 and things are much, much easier, so just hang on in there.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Blimey.

I painted some stuff tonight, not important in comparison. Stay well all. Hugs.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner