A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Epic update: Seven land raiders, three Predator tanks, two more rhinos, eight devastator stands and seven tactical stands painted this week.
Got a game a week Thursday, should be easily up to the points for the game.
Back to the Picts soon, honest.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bunny

Earlier this year I finished off, well nearly finished off my League of Augsburg forces about 1263 infantry, 352 cavalry, 16 guns and crew....have a few cavalry and dragoon units to add plus I will do a Spanish brigade of 4 infantry Tercios (210 figures), 3 cavalry (48 figures), 1 dragoons (12 mounted, 12 foot) plus a couple of guns and crew.

The later part of the year I have been working on my Seven Year Austrian and Reichsarmee.  So far Austrian 387 foot, 108 cavalry, 8 guns and 6 limbers.  Reichsarmee 116 foot and 36 cavalry.

So that is my 10mm painted totals this year but as I am easily led astray by shiny things I have painted a goodly amount of 15mm as well, oh and a 6mm SciFi battle group of 75 vehicles plus infantry....

2017 I will try and be more focused, finish off my 7YW Austrians, 155 foot and 120 mounted plus my 7YW Russians, of which I have most of the figures.  I think with the Russians I will soon be fed up of painting red lol

As always pictures on my blog

http://warrenswargamerantings.blogspot.com/

And comments (good and bad) are always welcome

Techno

fred.

Bunny - I'm really liking those Brigade models and how you have painted them. I'm trying to avoid a 4th 6mm sci fi army but stuff like that doesn't help.

Do you have any infantry for them, or are you going tank centric?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Camo and wash applied to some StuG IIIs, somehwat later than planned. All being well details, weathering and lacquer applied added tomorrow.

Techno

I started on a North Korean (as a test piece for myself, today).

Pic when  I've corrected the knee patches. Made those way OTT.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Three epic terminators stands and a supreme commander stand finished tonight.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Six bases of republican Roman Velites, four bases of hastatii and nine more bases of Picts started tonight. Picts for a game in two weeks, Romans because I really needed to paint something 'regular'!

FierceKitty

Taking a bit of a break at present. I'll do the SYW supplementary stuff when it arrives, but otherwise the other projects can (or must) wait.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 November 2016, 11:15:28 PM
Six bases of republican Roman Velites, four bases of hastatii and nine more bases of Picts started tonight. Picts for a game in two weeks, Romans because I really needed to paint something 'regular'!

Even MORE Picts, Will ?  :o

You'll have to reinforce your table, so it'll be able to cope with the weight soon !  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

11 units of foot, 9 bases per unit, 8 or nine figures per unit. Three units of cavalry, 24 figures in each, four units of bows, 24 figures in those too.
Say 2g per figure (estimated average)
2x9x8.5x11 = 1683g
20 X 24 X 3 = 144g
20 X 24 x 4 = 192g

Just under 2kg

Steve J

Dealy on finishing StuG IIIs due to work :(. Hope to get them sorted by the weekend.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Epic game next week cancelled as I'm on taxi duty for my daughter's school music concerts Wednesday and Thursday.
So, on with the Picts and Romans, both of whom were drybrushed tonight.

Techno

Friday afternoon.

Yours truly working away on some of the North Korean bods.....(Going quite well....I think)

"Blimey", thought I.....Is that the missus or the MIL with the TV switched up rather loudly.....
This went on for about 20 seconds, so I thought I'd better go and investigate.
"Von ! What are you watching ?"
"Nothing."

" Oh *bother*.......I think your Mum's done something silly, then". (Go into annexe.)

She had.......Blood all over the carpet.....MIL face down on the sofa...(Which is why she couldn't shout very loudly)...in what I can only describe as a 'being stuck' position......Her Panic alarm over the other side of the room....So ****ing useful over there !

Took us an hour to turn her over onto her back.......Mucho mega screaming....."MOVE ME ONTO MY BACK".....Then "NO DON'T MOVE ME"
.......(Repeat this every 30 seconds, for about 10 minutes, until we phone the paramedics......No don't try and move her.)........

This didn't stop the requests about moving her from the MIL......"We're not allowed to Mum !".......Repeat again every 30 seconds for another 10 minutes.....Yet more screaming !!
Paramedics phone back....."We may be rather a long time.....We've got a lot of other emergency calls, at the moment...You better had try and move her."

Back to square one, with more screaming.....Until we got the promise "I promise I won't scream if you try and move me."....That was a fib four times.....Until we just put up with the yelling and turned her.......Somehow got her upright (She was just a complete dead weight) and managed to get her into a chair.

"I need the loo".......Somehow get her into her little chair with wheels......Von takes her into her little bathroom.
She then collapses again......That took 20 minutes to somehow manhandle her back into the 'wheelychair' .......Still being a complete dead weight.
Von trying to support her from the front .....me trying to pull her upright and back into the chair, while standing in the shower, so I could grab her under the arms, and heave her up.  X_X

By this stage, there are three rather fraught people in quite a restricted space......One panicking and in pain......Two with kn*ckered backs and almost deaf from all the yelling.

Fortunately......The ambulancemen turned up at this stage (much quicker than we'd expected) and basically took over. (Phew)

A 40 minute trip in the back of the ambulance.......Then about 6 hours before we could go home.
(I was so glad the Macdonalds in Haverford West is open 24/7.....I was starving by this stage.....and the MIL didn't seem to be too badly injured, apart from being black and blue from bruising and a couple of spectacular cuts on her legs.)......I want a retired CSI bod to come round and see if he can work out exactly what the MIL did.....I can't make sense of it at all...and she doesn't remember....She SAYS.

She's staying in the hospital for a few days, until they know she's going to be relatively mobile again......And they've rehydrated her.
(Apparently) The daft woman hasn't been drinking anything like enough for the past few weeks.....So she doesn't have to keep going for a pee......(She's very good at telling porkies about how much she eats and drinks...and now we KNOW.)

Apparently with the fluids going into her, she's becoming a lot more coherent, as well.....That's a frigging bonus !

Hopefully I'll have a bit more time to look at the forum from tomorrow, onward.

Cheers - Mr Completely Bloody Knackered.