A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Some bases inked.Some 1980s British infantry assembled, plus supporting armour, then drilled for aerials and all primed.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

This coming week, I are (sic) mostly finishing off a couple of the 'Ancients' revamps....with the help of Lemmey and Nobby (who keeps finding piccies for me)

Then I'll be doing a couple of relatively small 'odds and sods projects', for Leon.......(Which won't be five minute jobs.....But need to be done, to help oodles in the future.)

Cheers - Mr Busy  :)

Steve J

With some time off over the next few weeks and the garden requiring little attention now, I managed to do a lot of basing up of my First Schleswig-Holstein War Danish troops that will also form the basis of one my Imagi-Nations States. Nice to be basing and planning again after quite some time :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Three bases painted, highlighted, edged and sealed.
11 Frostgrave wandering beasties finished, now just need basing.  ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those three stands finished.
Timecast delivery arrived,  8) cleaned and prepared 2 FV432s, assembled company command, but i realised I need a gpmg on tripod team! Oh well, first item on the next order. :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Beasties bases inked, flesh and black leather done on next two AWI units!  8)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Frostgrave 'Undead Encounter' plastic 28mm pack assembled and undercoated between various trips out to take the girls to different activities. :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two AWI Brunswickers units done, apart from basing.
Love holidays.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

15 August 2018, 05:29:51 PM #713 Last Edit: 15 August 2018, 05:51:04 PM by mad lemmey
Off to my Dad's for a few days, back for a couple of nights, the off to my mum's  for a bit, so decided to start some quick and easy projects.Three Hasslefree adventures started, base coated and inked for Frostgrave Warband 1, oh and a general for my AWI Brunswick forces...
For Frostgrave warband 2, which are the Goblins, I've base coated and inked four Dark Hold Goblins as adventurers, and four 'grunts' to act as warriors.
Made the mistake of asking my eldest what colour to do their shirts, she said.... PINK (she normally hates pink), so there will be three in pink shirts, and one grunt in a red shirt with a black eye! Guess who will die first!

FierceKitty

16 August 2018, 02:03:45 AM #714 Last Edit: 16 August 2018, 02:05:59 AM by FierceKitty
DV, should finish the Xopolli and Otontin today, and get started on the Cuachicqueh and Ocelotl too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

Just finished a Confederate Naval gun crew for my 15mm Dahlgren gun today and if I say so myself, I think they look better than the Union Naval gun crew I painted earlier this year. Suitably ACW enthused, I went out this afternoon and bought a metre strip of flexi "N" scale railway track. Now that I've got that, I'm thinking of dry brushing the sleepers a kind of wood shade and painting the sides of the rails (not the top surface where the trains run) a kind of rust colour. A metre of sleepers and rails in "N" / 10mm scale is quite long actually. Am I mad?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

Whilst making some space in the attic, I came across some trees that have been 'in progress' for probably a couple of years :-[. So with permission from SWMBO, I headed off to the garage to add foliage to them. Once the glue was dry, (which was next to no time given I use contact adhesive) I then gave the foliage a coating of diluted pva to help hold it together, along with all of my other trees. This has been on my 'to-do list' for simply ages, so very happy to finally gotten around to doing this :)

Steve J

A load more basing done tonight, as I attempt to get both 'sides' based up before I do any painting. At least this way I know what I have, as these forces were ordered a couple of years ago, so I can't remember the logic (if there was any) to the figures ordered!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two AWI units and a general based up, nine 28mm Goblins and three 28mm adventures sand and pva'd.
And 62 10mm Cretan peltasts base coated and inked for that Dark Age commission.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Aforementioned bases inked, peltasts highlighted. Just need to do wood/leather work on them, and detail/shields and they're done