A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Not much happened this weekend as my Mum was down and I've had a shed load of school work (of which I've done the majority), but some bases got inkwashed tonight, a few 28mm Goblins assembled, and a mate dropped off 200+ Tlaxcalans to paint!  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases painted, highlighted and sealed, flesh tones on chariot age stuff done
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Chariot age stuff done, just needs basing, Woden spoons done, and a stand of dragonmen magic users, just because.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Start made on a friends Tlaxcalans 15mm reinforcements.
Basically, if you can't use Spanish allies, you need an AWFUL lot of extras, like 200+...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

All Tlaxcalans in this batch base coated and inked.
Only 200+

Terry37

200+!!!! It took me 1.5 years to do my DBA Tlaxacan army!!! Well done I'd say!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It's been a quiet month here what with holidays , school reports and real life.
128 Tlaxcalans finished being painted last night for a commission from a few years back that's being reinforced, about the same to go, then their baggage..
Then onto basing these and my own last batch (which have been sitting around since April/May), then I can get started on another commission batch of Renaissance for Graham, after that it's  painting comp bits.
Not greatly enjoyed these last two batches tbh, one because it's big, and an army that was meant to be finished, the other because my brand loyalty outweighing enthusiasm! My project might, therefore, get sidelined for a while as I can feel myself  getting distracted by other more Pendraken based bits, plus there's no deadline to it, so no foci...
Think my painting mojo might make a comeback...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

40 Tlaxcalans archers done, 36 slingers, 40 warriors and 6 generals competed tonight. P,us the youngest 6th party done...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

7 units bases milliputted so far, about the same to go...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finished milliputting my friends bases (90 of them), now just got to paint, ink, highlight and flock... :-t :!! X_X
This batch has taken somewhat longer than I hoped.
And there is still a camp to do!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

90bases inked.
About a 100 10mm Renaissance assembled for that ongoing commission...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Plus 27 x 15mm Tlaxcalan baggage bearers assembled too.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases dry brushed and highlighted, mistakes sorted.
Day of working at home, me, the bumble bees and the rabbits. Tbh, the bees did most of the heavy lifting. 🐝

Steve J

Glad your finding the time and energy to paint etc Will. Simply too hot in our house as the paint would dry too damned quickly on the paint tray. Also the garden needs watering each night. At least a small order arrived today from Pendraken, so ready to make a start on some AVBCW forces :)