A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

86 bow armed Clibinarii assembled and stuck on bases today. About an hour for each four stands, but I have even got some in cantabrian!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Added camo and a wash to some PzIV's last night. Fingers crossed I'll get the drybrushing done tonight and maybe even the detailing of tools etc.

FierceKitty

First two Danaan phalanxes based, Pylian skirmishers done up with a portrait figure of Nestor commanding them (interesting point: he must have been a young man once, but has anyone ever painted him as one?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

New King Tiger II and Sherman M4A4's assembled this lunchtime. Very nice models.

Steve J

Drybrushing complete and happy with how it turned out. Will need to do this to my Stug III's that look dull and dark by comparison.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Many Clibinarii basecoated and inked
Just got to get them by next Saturday morning! Nothing like a deadline...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Now giving the Greek nappy-wearers their third and fourth pike units, and a first lot of chariots.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Cavalry base colours happened as did the highlights.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sassanids are done!
Just got to base them!

Steve J

Details painted on my PzIV's, such as the spades, tow chains etc. Mud and dirt to be added tomorrow, plus lacquer.

FierceKitty

13 March 2018, 10:19:32 AM #595 Last Edit: 13 March 2018, 10:21:27 AM by FierceKitty
Finishing the last of the pikemen, and watching the post with some impatience for my general, who was missing from the initial order and posted (I'm told...) three weeks later than I was later promised. Not Pendraken, and I shan't name the other company, whose service is usually better than this.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

Beef in peppercorn sauce, new potatoes and peas for me.  :D

Cheers - Phil (Sorry.....I'm high on pks.....Been playing tree surgeons with the chainsaw and a handsaw, this afto'....I DO NOT like using the chainsaw when I'm up a ladder.....My back is killing me.)

fred.

Quote from: Techno on 13 March 2018, 04:40:53 PM
Beef in peppercorn sauce, new potatoes and peas for me.  :D

Cheers - Phil (Sorry.....I'm high on pks.....Been playing tree surgeons with the chainsaw and a handsaw, this afto'....I DO NOT like using the chainsaw when I'm up a ladder.....My back is killing me.)

I got to the end of that and was pleased to find out it was only your back you were needing the pain killers for  :o  :'(
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bases ink washed. Hopefully be able to paint later.