A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Thanks Will & Phil. It's slowly getting better and luckily I don't have to do much today, which should help it, based on past experience. At least I'm able catch up on reading, as SWMBO is feeling sorry for me and therefore not nagging me to do stuff ;) :D

paulr

Every cloud has a silver lining ;)
Get well soon
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Thanks Paul :). Flocking finished tonight, but back too sore to do anything else.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Varnished earlier, Sand and pva'd bases, assembled a blotz minaret for my regular client.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Some Wizardlings basecoated and washed for Dragon Rampant. These are the Warband Goblins Shamans and they are really lovely sculpts. Loads of detail and character, so a joy to paint. Highlights etc to follow tonight all being well.

Steve J

The wizardlings finished, with a varnish and flocking to follow.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Emplacements fillered for a friends stuff!

Steve J

Hopefully the final sets of units for 'The Pikemen's Lament' have just been undercoated.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

128 Biblicals assembled last night, New Year, new batch, same commission !

Steve J

I spent this lunchtime cleaning up a load of Schleswig-Holstein Germans that have lain in my drawer for far too long. Frankly I'm no longer sure of exactly what I have within my lead mountain, so I'm attempting to get everything based so I do know. As an example over Xmas I found 2 packs of Fallschirmjagers LG40s that I'd bought at different times, but had recently ordered another pack, unaware I already had these!!!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You know, I'm sure if you look at the majority of my posts on this forum, it will consist of:
1) Assembled & undercoated
2) Base coats and ink, done.
3) Highlights done.
4) Metalwork and woodwork done.
4.5) Mistakes sorted
5) Varnish
6) Basing
7) More basing
Flocking etc...

So, 124 x 2 last night! ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

Stage 1 cold did for me last night. Feels like stage 2 this morning, but I need to go to work as we are busy and short staffed due to colds :(.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Get well soon mate.
Nice footer on your signature sir! 8)