A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Highly annoyingly I went to base up the Savoy foot guards and have lost my bag of pre-cut pikes. Doubly annoyingly I also received postage confirmation of my recent order so I can't even piggy back that!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

A long painting hiatus has been broken by base coating another T-28 and the monster that is the T-35. The latter comes in at 65mm long, give or take, and weighs quite a bit. However it is a lovely model. Not sure whether to add camo to it to go along with my other Soviet kit, or just to leave it plain Russian Green :-.

fsn

Plain green. With a big red star on the side.  :D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

That be parade finish. However I suspect cammo is a later addition, so plain green would feel right, probably with some form of tactical markings on it.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Plain green is correct and the red star was for a parade, from the info I've been able to find. There is an image with a white triangle on the turret side, so might try that. There are also some turret rings for identification, some plain white, others a red band with white stripes. These I think will be beyond my painting skills, as much as I might like to do them. Off to do a bit more research... :)

Have seen T-26's and T-28's with a white ring round the top edge of the turret, as an air id marking I think. That and white code numbers.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And in 10mm Renaissance:  48 knights and 12 handgunners nearly finished.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Goes with borderline insomnia and depression! ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Certainly some seem to have made it near to Germans whilst sporting a red star. I think1 of my 3 T35s sports stars.

Nicely turned out

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Steve J

Yep, found the same 'photos earlier today FSN, so mine will have red stars too :).

Slight diversion from tanks this evening into painting some scratch built ruins I made 3 months or so ago, as they are taking up space in the painting tray and I could use them for my planned BKCII game.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Renaissance stuff done, photos later!

fsn

I think I have sourced the problem with the T35. We have always assumed it was underpowered, unreliable, over large and under armoured. In fact, it was the perforated turret tops that let it down.

Fenton

Do you mean the crew drowned when they took it out in the rain?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

toxicpixie

The Germans thought it was an instruction to "tear here", so they did ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting