A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecemDave

Quote from: FierceKitty on 10 April 2021, 09:42:09 AM
Queen Margaret is being converted from a nondescript plastic railway figure more easily than I feared.

Will you be modelling her astride or on a chair?  And if the latter will it be the Anne of Bohemia or the Catherine de Medici type?

FierceKitty

Standing; legs on the original were apart, but have undergone glue treatment to give her a bit of a "Mortitia Addams in a hennin" look.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

DecemDave

The mere sight will make her enemies lose their heads.   ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Empress Dragoons done.
Others underway
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

3 more units of Dragoons and 2 units of Chasseurs a Chevel finished this afternoon.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: DecemDave on 11 April 2021, 02:09:34 PM
The mere sight will make her enemies lose their heads.   ;)

That's the idea. But, regrettably, you can't trust the Shakespearean version as history. At the time of the battle of Wakefield, she wasn't even in England, so the scene with York certainly didn't happen.

FierceKitty

At the battle of Tewksbury, the Duke of Somerset ignored the forces threatening his flank, trusting to Lord Wenlock to cover his attack. Wenlock clearly rolled a 1 on control and did nothing, and Somerset was flank attacked and broken, destroying the last hope that Henry VI would remain king. After the battle, Somerset angrily asked the equivalent of "Where were you, buddy?", and without waiting for Wenlock to reply whacked him one with his axe....

(Baggage element)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two units of 6mm Hussars done tonight.
Just generals to do tomorrow and that army pack will be over.  #:-S

FierceKitty

Until my next order gets here - and it won't be this week, which is Songkran, the Thai new year (sawatdee phimai , everyone!) - I'm reduced to making stakes for my archers and quasi-Shakesperean vignettes for my WotR baggage trains.

Techno II

Through Leon.....Started on another largish project for the chap I did all the 'Flodden' figures for.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

After finishing those last 6mm French, which really sapped my will to paint, I spent Thursday night, Friday evening (after a nap to recover from the previous day's jab) and the remains of yesterday (after catching up with mum) building the next batches:
2 units of 10mm Jinettes and a unit of knights for Lee's Spanish.
Two units of 28mm goblin wolf riders and a unit of scouts for Dragon Rampant.
Sand and pva'd two other units for the Sanish and two Legion characters.
Also started fettling the next batch of WW2 6mm Airlanding for Clem.
Nice to have a quiet patch ;)

FierceKitty

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You need the patince of a stalking cat Alexander
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Techno II

Quote from: ianrs54 on 18 April 2021, 09:47:31 AM
You need the patience of a stalking cat Alexander

Our 'semi-feral' barn cat .....Is a completely lazy oik.....She doesn't seem to need patience, 'cos she does absolutely b*gger all, all day.....Stalking ?....Nah !

Cheers - Phil. :)