A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Spring and Fall Chinese armies are under the brush. Watch for developments in a few weeks. :)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 24 March 2017, 10:30:40 PM
Anyone else feel that Techno has battered some poor innocent 30mm figure into tinfoil using a very large hammer?

I've only ever battered one figure (a green) with a hammer........Not out of temper....But to stop myself wasting any more time on it, 'cos it, was obviously NOT going to go right, and it would be quicker to start again, from scratch.

I suppose I could have just put it in the bin.....But I couldn't resist it.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The last of my friends Transylvanians were finished last night. Just got to photograph them now.
63 early Saxons base coated and inked tonight. Will not be done before tomorrow night's game, but will be done by Rollcall!
Yes, another unit for my Picts!!!  :D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Saxons have been highlighted, fleshed, flesh washed, highlighted, leather and woodwork done. Just need to do shields and bronzework and their basically ready for basing.
I have also repainted a Vitalstatistix and Dogmatix that I found from France (Villàge Astérix range, so about15mm scale), cone up rather nicely, will post photos when complete!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Saxon shields and swords and mistake sorting done! Falkland British and Argentines worked on too. All sand and pva applies

O Dinas Powys

I've actually managed to be quite productive over the last couple of months in a not quite finishing things kind of way!

Loads of dungeon/fantasy figures getting there slowly...
Sci-Fi human infantry and vehicles started; Space Rat tanks coming along well...
Uncle Phil's Petting Zoo is starting to get populated...

Hopefully with the days getting longer I'll have a chance to finish some things off under decent light  :)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

DPM on the latest Falklands stands done.  @-)
Flock on many bases. Tufts and scatter can wait until tomorrow.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

96 Swiss Pike, 20 Swiss arquibusiers, 40 Roman Hastati all base coated and inked tonight.
The Romans are just a regular unit to keep me (relatively) sane as I start yet another batch of irregulars on commission; plus it restarts a rather stalled project.
🧀

O Dinas Powys

Lots of tinkering with stuff, mostly comprising gluing onto bases, washes and varnishing.

Very pleased with how the petting zoo is looking - especially the geese - just need to work out what's best for finishing the bases and remember that I need to *attempt* to paint the chickens' combs when daylight is available!

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

FierceKitty

Qin heavy cavalry, archers, and two out of three halberdier units done; also Han convict troops and the guards infantry. Progress is taking place, albeit slowly.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Swiss nearly done, just metalwork, details and touch-ups to sort.
Why am I craving Toblerone?

FierceKitty

If you find yourself yodeling while numbering bank accounts with a cuckoo popping out of your forehead, start worrying.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Command and Swordsmen very nearly done for Graham's Renaissance Swiss. Four stands of Hastati bases base coated, highlighted and pva sealed.