Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
27 November 2020, 05:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've released some handy WWII Drivers & Passengers!
310774 Posts in 18055 Topics by 2269 Members
Latest Member: BKC Grenadier
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  Painting & Modelling
| | |-+  Painting Diaries (Moderator: nikharwood)
| | | |-+  The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV  (Read 12612 times)
mmcv
Brigadier

« Reply #240 on: 24 November 2020, 01:34:07 PM »

With the Chu and Qin forces completed, the next army on the Chinese roadmap is the Han. I found a new colour, Extra Opaque Heavy Red, that matches perfectly with what my vision of them should be. It doesn't show up quite a 100% match on the photos, but you get the idea, a nice deep red:

This will be a unit of Han Crossbowmen at some point down the line, still needs a wash and a highlight. I just wanted to paint up a few test models to try out the new colour and make sure it was right for when I come back to them. I'll be putting the Chinese to the side for a bit and focusing on my Mesoamerican forces now.

First step, seeing how many of those fiddly back banners and swords survived the trip up the ladder to the roofspace and back... Lips Sealed

Techno II
Captain

« Reply #241 on: 24 November 2020, 03:29:58 PM »

Looking good, again, that man !  Cool

Cheers - Phil. Smiley

I really shouldn't press buttons...before I know what will happen.
Probably STILL he most picked on member of the forum since the year dot.
mmcv
Brigadier

« Reply #242 on: 24 November 2020, 04:09:48 PM »

Having a look through the Aztecs they seem to be in reasonable shape. One force is pretty much done other than some skirmishers and a few commands, and I decided I quite liked the 40x10mm basing for infantry commands that I used for the Qin. As I don't have enough bases of that size to do them all that meant an order to our hosts. And you can't just order a few bases. So there may have been an army pack ordered too. For a new project...  I don't want to see Don't tell anyone

mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #243 on: 24 November 2020, 05:15:04 PM »

Very nice

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
paulr
Field Marshal

« Reply #244 on: 25 November 2020, 06:13:37 AM »

Thumbs up Applause Thumbs up

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
mmcv
Brigadier

« Reply #245 on: 25 November 2020, 09:55:27 PM »

Progress on the Aztecs tonight.

Banners affixed for command units and all primed.

Remaining casualty tokens all painted up.

Unit of skirmishers painted and based.

Will need to start sorting out figures for their opponents. I'm leaning towards the Tarascans who are very much archery focused compared to the melee forces of the Aztecs. The other option are the Tlaxcalans, who are a mix of melee and ranged, but they'll be more time consuming as I'll want to have a go at sculpting some if their more unique back banners, which I've not attempted before. The Tarascans on the other hand should come together fairly quickly given the archer figures paint up pretty fast given they're mostly naked.

mmcv
Brigadier

« Reply #246 on: Today at 04:30:41 PM »

Skirmishers:

Casulty tokens:

Also got one of the command stands mostly painted up, just highlights and basing to do.

Then three more command stands and that'll be this army finished (for now).

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: