The Thirty Year's War Project

Started by Keraunos, 24 February 2024, 07:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keraunos

Last April I decided to try my hand at 10mm figures for the Thirty Years War, aiming to have a couple of small armies to fight each other by the end of the year.

I seem to have got a bit carried away, having painted about 450 infantry and nearly 400 cavalry but having more figures still to paint than when I started as the temptation to get 'just a few more' has proved irresistable just a bit too often.

The goal for this year now is to do some Spanish style Tercios and some Harquebusiers to go with them, using a variety of Pendraken figures, then slowly add on various rabble units and some extra guns, then see where the fancy takes me.

Some pictures of progress attached, together with a post about the start of the project and the idea of a flexible Tercio that can be re-formed into a couple of smaller regiments.

Dragoons.png
Croats.png
Cuirassiers.png

streetgang

Very nice brush work and impressive progress! That basing system gives you some flexibility in modelling the various tercio formations.
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno 3

I'll do this later

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Keraunos

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!