Database error.

Started by Techno, 22 November 2016, 04:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: d_Guy on 06 December 2016, 03:50:35 PM
So d_guy's Cavalcade of Whimsey is now the cryptic "D_guy,S" - what ever - headspace error on my part.  :)

I'll go and edit that for you, no worries.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Thanks, Leon. That - or ",S" will stand for "Special needs" for ever more.  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leon

Quote from: d_Guy on 06 December 2016, 04:52:50 PM
Thanks, Leon. That - or ",S" will stand for "Special needs" for ever more.  :)

For some reason when I try and edit the title I'm getting the false hacked message so I've asked Matt to have a look at it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

06 December 2016, 06:18:44 PM #63 Last Edit: 06 December 2016, 06:22:48 PM by fred.
I'm still getting database error when I try To post to my painting diary thread

Edit: just tried from a different browser, that I haven't used on the forum before and still get the same error
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

d_Guy

Leon - I tried to edit the title first thing - got same error so figured I didn't have permission to change thread title - puzzlement continues.
Sleep with clean hands ...

O Dinas Powys

09 December 2016, 09:59:15 AM #65 Last Edit: 09 December 2016, 10:08:25 AM by O Dinas Powys
I'm getting this error if I try to post the 'Undecided'/chin stroking emoticon in a message.

If I try to prieview it works but cuts the back slash so you only get :- displayed, anyone else experienced this?

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 09 December 2016, 09:59:15 AM
I'm getting this error if I try to post the 'Undecided'/chin stroking emoticon in a message.

If I try to prieview it works but cuts the back-slash so you only get :- displayed, anyone else experienced this?

Okay, whilst trying to edit the message I've discovered that the back-slash character is cut from all messages.

Just tried an experiment to post a row of 5 slashes alternating with 5 back-slashes to see how it displayed: /////

Got a database error, then the above posted!

Cheers!

Meirion

OldenBUA

:-\

A backslash is often used as an escape character. If you need a real backslash character, you need two of them.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

paulr

That works at the moment, until a few days ago you didn't need two :-/

A good example is the :-\ button, use to work, you now need to add a \ or you get  :- despite it showing as  : - \ when editing
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: paulr on 09 December 2016, 07:18:02 PM
That works at the moment, until a few days ago you didn't need two :-/

A good example is the :- button, use to work, you now need to add a  or you get  :- despite it showing as  : -  when editing

Yup, and sometimes you get the database error message when you hit the post button!

Techno

I got 'Hacking attempt' when I tried to post a reply about Carlos' new diorama.  =)

Now THAT thread HAS got lots of piccies !  :-\

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Strange, I got database error?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Just got a database error message when trying to reply to a post. Not problem a few minutes before that though. Confused? Damned right!

Sandinista

This is happening to me, today and yesterday 2 different PCs and 3 different browsers

Cheers
Ian

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Retitle your post if the thread crashes?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner