Database error.

Started by Techno, 22 November 2016, 04:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I got several last night.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Hasn't happened since I mentioned it yesterday.

It was just a tad annoying yesterday, as I put in a long answer.....twice....and got the same message both times....So I gave up.  :(
Interesting if Will had a similar prob....and Steve.....Though Steve's seems to have worked, even with the error message coming up.
Where were you two trying to post ?

Mine were failing in "A tale of four gamers".....Perhaps I ought to give that thread another go. :-

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That's where I was trying to post too.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Just tried to post on ATo4G and also got a database error.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Just tried testing there again.(ATO4G)

Database error came up.

Oh ye of little faith......I'll accept everyone's apologies for doubting my incredible technological savvy.  =O =O =O =O =O =O =O =O
Be useful to know if it affects everyone who tries to post there, if anyone's got a couple of minutes to waste.

One for Leon to pass on to Matt ?

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

OK -serious point. The thread has 192 pages, and is very picky heavy. I suspect that the allocated storage space is exhausted, and would need to be expanded to allow more posts.

Solutions -

1) Allocate more space - but would have to remove from somewhere else.

2) Close and archive the current thread, starting a new one.

I suspect several other threads may hit similar problems, let you guess which

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Thanks, Ian.
That makes sense, even to a muppet like me.

I notice 'The other thread' has quite a few more pages.....But perhaps the piccies are much smaller 'file wise' ? (I'm sure there are some really big files in ATO4G)
I'll let Leon know.....If he hasn't already spotted this.

Maybe...As you say....If nothing else....We'll have to start a "A tale of four gamers" part two ?
I could delete the last post in the thread to see what happens...But I'd rather not mess around with stuff I don't really understand.  :-[

Cheers - Phil

fsn

In a long career as an IT person, I have discovered that the two main causes of ICT problems are:

1) Fingers
     2) Brains

These two need to be eliminated before as a cause of the error before any deeper investigation is undertaken.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

It's usually a PICNIC error.

Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

Ithoriel

I know it as PEBKAC - Problem exists between keyboard and chair! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

I've done a couple of quick tests on it, deleted a couple of old posts in it, but not fixed unfortunately.  As much as it pains me to say, Ian might be right about something and the thread could have reached it's limit...  :(

So, would SteveJ like the honour of starting us a fresh 'A Tale of...' thread?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Just tried posting a new batrep and all I got was this:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Steve J

Re-tried, but no pics linked this time and it still failed :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

petercooman

Whenever I get it, I just copy the text, click a new reply in the original thread. Paste the text and remove one word or point or something. Usually that allows me to post

petercooman

Must add that it never fails when posting by mobile...