Stagecoach now available!

Started by Leon, 16 November 2016, 10:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

This one could be equally at home in both our ACW and Plains War range, but we've popped it in the ACW to go with the other wagons and civilians.  This multi-piece kit comes complete with a driver and will make an excellent objective piece, or as part of a command stand maybe?  We'll be looking forward to seeing some painted versions of it, but in the meantime Dave slapped a bit of paint on one!

ACW - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/19th-Century-c15/NEW-American-Civil-War-NEW-sc281/
ACW69   Stagecoach with driver (1)   £4.95

And a pic:

ACW69 - Stagecoach:

We hope you like it!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Looks really good. Getting one on Saturday.  :)
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

FierceKitty

Why wasn't that available a week ago for my exchange with Cameronian?  :'(
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

petercooman

fsn

This is an observation, not a criticism, but it looks very big. (Yes, I've heard that before.)

I was expecting something where the driver's backside was maybe 6' from the ground, like I saw in those documentaries with John Wayne - the ones where he walked like he'd cacked himself and called everyone 'pilgim' 'cos he couldn't remember their names and then sometimes tried to smile which frightened the horses so he shot somebody just to relieve his own self-loathing.

Like this one!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Yes, the actual 'passenger compartment' does seem to ride very high. You'd need a stepladder to get in...

Steve J

Leman

The stagecoach is quite nice as well.

Leon

17 November 2016, 01:22:36 PM #11 Last Edit: 17 November 2016, 01:24:44 PM by Leon
They seem to have been built in a variety of sizes, so in the top photo the standing chap's head is just at the lower window level, in the bottom pic his head is much higher up the window.  Of course it could be different height people as well...

Leman

When I was a boy I had three stagecoaches, all supposedly 54mm, but they were three different sizes. Obviously stagecoach building companies in the C19th were run by war-game figure manufacturers. TBH the middle photo just looks 'wrong' to me.

fsn

Can I just say that no criticism of the model is intened - I shall certainly be buying at least one.

I am certain that it's a pukka rendition of a stagecoach. My observation is that it's a bigger stagecoach that one normally sees on TV and in films.

Looking at the passenger compartment on the photo I posted, that does seem to be quite high up.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

The middle one is a streamlinded racing coach, built low and sleek to reduce drag. Trust me, I'm legit.

Also, now I want a stagecoach for, err, something. Senior officers in BBB? I can just see Mamora in one, maybe... or Gyulay?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting