My 10mm Kings of War project

Started by lowlylowlycook, 15 November 2016, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

I mainly played KoW1, and it didn't matter too much. But in KoW2, a lot was made of having heroes on square bases, and knowing which way they were facing. But I can't actually recall the details, now. I think it was around tightening up some of the rules wording - probably common sense stuff to most of us, but needed to make the rules crystal clear.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

lowlylowlycook

It doesn't really matter since I doubt I'd go with any bases that don't have a clear front.  In fact all these bases will have to have their front center marked anyway.

Luddite

You should try Warband.  Much clearer on these matters.   :D
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I agree with Luddite, but will only back him up when Chieftain does too...
Oh..
Okay...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: fred. on 22 January 2017, 03:04:51 PM
I mainly played KoW1, and it didn't matter too much. But in KoW2, a lot was made of having heroes on square bases, and knowing which way they were facing. But I can't actually recall the details, now. I think it was around tightening up some of the rules wording - probably common sense stuff to most of us, but needed to make the rules crystal clear.

Isn't it to show there line of sight?

Can't charge if they can't see it. Of course this would be a bit stupid as they can change facingin any phase. Maybe it just stops you from charging when you forget to turn the model around.

Some nice models in this thread!!

lowlylowlycook

One thing I'm a bit concerned with is basing the orcs.  Their strips are pretty high and steep so I don't think just the textured paint will blend them in. 

Would I be better off using a mixture of paint and filler for them?  Maybe mix some sand in with that?  Basically I think I need more volume after drying than the paint will give.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

I went ahead with a paint filler sand mix before I saw your comment.  The front might need touching up after it dries.  We'll see.

On the other hand I'm kind of doubting my original conception of having totally different basing since I quite like how these dwarves turned out.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Suitably subdued cliffs for the dwarves :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Like those, lots !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

fred.

The dwarves have come out very well - the black lining on the shields works well. As does mixing the various figures from the different packs.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook