My 10mm Kings of War project

Started by lowlylowlycook, 15 November 2016, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

These look cracking!

As to flags - paper ones work really well for 10mm. Have a hunt around on google for images you like, if you are lucky you will even find some flags that someone else has made. Then you can shrink them down to the right size for your figures. Print them out, use a thin layer of pva to glue them together, around the flag pole. Put a bit of a curve to them using the handle of a paint brush so it looks like the wind blowing. Then when dry give the white edges a quick paint of the right thinned down colour
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

DFlynSqrl

They look really good and I enjoy seeing all the units lined up like that.

Like Fred mentioned you can always go with paper.  I've heard that the rice paper used for Chinese brush calligraphy is really good for drawing flags, shaping and painting.  It supposedly takes the paint really well without bleeding/smearing.  I just bought some off of Amazon, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bronze highlights on pendants are you friend!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bodvoc

Sketch out your ideas for the standards and shields first, then you know what you are painting, using your finest brush.
Lovely looking armies.  :)
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Techno

Excellent work !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

lowlylowlycook

15 February 2017, 03:44:49 PM #170 Last Edit: 15 February 2017, 04:00:24 PM by lowlylowlycook
Quote from: mad lemmey on 14 February 2017, 08:18:13 PM
Bronze highlights on pendants are you friend!

This confused me until I worked out that I had confused pendant with pennant.   ;D

Did some more work on the heroes/command figs:

[edit]

Trolls got left out!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

I've got to think about how to actually base the command units.

I guess I should put them on cork to make them match the height of the other units and make them easier to handle but I wonder if they'll start getting top heavy and there won't be room to do anything interesting with the cork.

lowlylowlycook

Command units based.  The orc mage almost was forgotten so is still drying.

Still need to do pennants and flags but I'm leaving town for 3 weeks this Saturday.  Don't think I'll get to it.

All but the command in one plano box

I think we'll call that portable.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

DFlynSqrl

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!