WW2 Australians

Started by SV52, 13 November 2016, 02:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

The last project hanging around waiting to get finished, gone.  Free choice from now on  :D

A real menagerie, 1/76 Airfix and Revell, 1/72 Academy and 20mm Grubby/Britannia:

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

fsn

13 November 2016, 02:18:03 PM #1 Last Edit: 13 November 2016, 02:55:27 PM by fsn
That's nice work.

Tempted to get Aussies for my Pacific wars.

Oooh! Might even be a use for the M3 Lee/Grant!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Like 'em.  8)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Nice work but simply not a theatre of war that interests me one jot. Shame as I love the Japanese tanks :(

petercooman

Looks great!

Really like the plane!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

All you need is the classic air fix house on stilts!
Looking great!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

Nice set-up for an under gamed period; although the local fauna does tend to diminish its appeal somewhat.

I have a 6mm Japanese force and a smattering of US Marines but would be limited to the open areas of Burma due to an almost complete lack of verdant coloured terrain...and as far as I am aware, it was not an area where the Marines did much fighting. :) I suppose I could always use my post D-Day Shermans alongside Stuarts but against Te-ke's and Chi-Ha's it's not really a fair fight, even with the latter hull-down.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

SV52

Many thanks for the comments chaps, appreciated 8)

The Aussies were interesting to keep the older equipment in play, although I would have liked to get a 'short' 25 pdr as well; maybe I will  :-\

Agree about the terrain once off the small islands; Burma would be difficult, although perhaps using a trail scenario.  Good opportunity to get out the old Churchills too.  Oh no! not another expansion.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!