What I'd like to see ...

Started by fsn, 13 November 2016, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Thanks Stewart.Worth 2000 words!   :-bd

Techno

If you guys can find me shots/diagrams of the kit on the backs of all the models......THAT would be incredibly useful for each of the ranges.  :)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

I am amazed that nobody has mentioned pluderhosen!!!!

Everything looks better in pluderhosen :D. Also some early P&S  campfollowers could be handy.

I imagine it would be easy to upgrade some of the existing figures, I might have a go myself,even though it's quite a few years since I pushed putty in anger :).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Techno

Ta, Nobby.

That's the sort of thing.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 14 November 2016, 09:32:06 PM
I've got mixed opinions on this one, as it's nice for customers to have them available for attempting their own sculpts, but at the same time you never know if a rival company is going to get hold of some and save themselves some money by using them as dollies for their own ranges.  It's quite difficult to prove once a sculpt has been built on the armature.  We might look at it, but sell them at a higher price than regular figures, to put off anyone buying them for commercial use.

Pack them in small pack sizes say 5 or 10 dollies . Then sell these either to known customers or only as a single pack sale  with orders exceeding say £30. Regular customers will have to wait until they have an order big enough but can get them.  Rival companies are hardly going to want to spend £30 to get the 5 dollies they actually want

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 19 November 2016, 08:01:31 PM
Australians 1951

US, 1951

http://olive-drab.com/od_soldiers_clothing_1950s.php

Useful source material Stewart.  The Aussies are in the pre-WW2 37 web.  There was simply tons of it about the British supplied nations.
It also supplemented the 44 pattern.

The US soldiers are still very much WW2 in dress and kit.

fsn

The thing I found interesting about the Aussie picture is the size of the bedroll strapped on the bottom of the pack.

The photos I have seen tend to be 37 or 44 pattern webbing for the Commonwealth.

What I have read is that at one point the Commandos wore US kit bar the green beret. 

Fenton

It might be cold weather gear wrapped up inside it
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

d_Guy

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 19 November 2016, 09:17:24 PM
Also some early P&S  campfollowers could be handy.

I am in favor of anything that adds more civilians (including women and children) to the general period 1550 to 1700 in Europe.
Woodland Indians in the same period in NA would be good too. Oh...and Aztecs (or Mayans..or both!)  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Sunray

20 November 2016, 03:46:31 PM #41 Last Edit: 20 November 2016, 03:50:32 PM by Sunray
Quote from: Fenton on 20 November 2016, 11:38:42 AM
It might be cold weather gear wrapped up inside it

Looks like the M1949 Sleeping Bag (Mountain) -the Yanks had a surplus which they shared with all UN allies.  It was a good piece of kit (Still around in the  1970s) Some bright spark invented a stuff sack in the 1960s that reduced the bulk. You could get it unto the top of a Bergus ROC.