What I'd like to see ...

Started by fsn, 13 November 2016, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Swedes!? Although they were part of the Army of the North, they saw hardly any action in the Leipzig campaign. Leon should not consider wasting time and effort on this, when completion of the Prussian range plus a Russian range would be far more cost effective.

Chad

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Chad on 15 November 2016, 02:14:20 PM
Swedes!? Although they were part of the Army of the North, they saw hardly any action in the Leipzig campaign. Leon should not consider wasting time and effort on this, when completion of the Prussian range plus a Russian range would be far more cost effective.

Chad

True, but then Leipzig wasn't really close to Wagram, Aspen-Essling etc, and so the Prussian and Russians wouldn't be any use either. :P

More Italian Wars poses! More VBCW poses! More partisans and Resistance!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 15 November 2016, 02:27:17 PM
True, but then Leipzig wasn't really close to Wagram, Aspen-Essling etc, and so the Prussian and Russians wouldn't be any use either. :P

More Italian Wars poses! More VBCW poses! More partisans and Resistance!

Especially the latter!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Chad

What have Wagram and Aspern-Essling got anything to do with expanding the current later range of Napoleonics to cover the 1813-14 campaigns?

Ithoriel

Quote from: Chad on 15 November 2016, 04:22:48 PM
What have Wagram and Aspern-Essling got anything to do with expanding the current later range of Napoleonics to cover the 1813-14 campaigns?

They have to do with the fact that there are some here present for whom the failure of Pendraken to ever produce a single new Napoleonic figure would be a matter of no great consequence :)

As I've said before, I don't envy Leon and Dave the job of sorting out what to make, what has a real potential and what just has a vocal minority support, given that whatever they make inevitably people will grumble because they didn't make something else instead!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Ithoriel on 15 November 2016, 04:45:45 PM
what just has a vocal minority support!!!!

Aztecs and Tarletons for instance  ;) ;)

It is difficult, give the massive variations of uniform in any particular period, so I agree with the full statement.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

So having seen the comments about Napoleonics, I think the Peninsula War is the best bet.  :(

Sorry chaps, wasn't trying to ruffle feathers. It does, though, make one appreciate Leon's problems.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I'd like to see more shots of Kylie in the Top Totty thread!  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chad

Ithoriel

I agree entirely. I had already made a similar point. I simply saw no relationship between the comment about an 1809 campaign to others comments re 1813-14. I have always considered that Leon and Dave stretch themselves far too thinly in terms of modelling time and cost in an attempt to satisfy everyone. I could have suggested some additions or revamps ( I have actually paid for some modelling of additional items) but, no disrespect to Leon and Dave, it would probably be a long time coming and I could quite easily have moved on to something else.

Chad

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 15 November 2016, 05:51:38 PM
I'd like to see more shots of Kylie in the Top Totty thread!  ;)

Your wish is my command ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

Quote from: Chad on 15 November 2016, 04:22:48 PM

Nothing but they have a huge amount to do with completing the 1809 range before starting a whole new sub-period range

Chad

Well unless Leon and Dave are asked to produce a French range reflecting the change in uniform (probably not relevant in 10mm?), then surely the completion of both the Austrian and French figures for 1809 would add figures that could be used for 1813-14.

Sunray

As wished many times, I'd like to see 41 Royal Marine Commando amongst the first of the Korean range. (as they were in real life).

The RM beret and US uniform/weapons gives a wide range of post war/NATO  applications. 

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!