Phil's Ancient (s)

Started by Matt J, 10 November 2016, 12:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Really nice stuff Matt.

I look at them and go that paintings really good, then I remember just how small they are. And the just go wow!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Womble67

Now they are superb, could even tempt me into buying a few more gauls. I've got 30 warbands so a few more wouldn't hurt.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

Oh wow. Beautiful sculpts and paint work.  :-bd

Top job to all involved (including those who cast them  ;) )
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Westmarcher

Ancients ain't an era I normally delve into but glad I 'stumbled' across this. Great work, Matt and Phil!  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

DFlynSqrl

That's some really amazing brushwork.  Yeah!

Orcs

When I first saw this I thought "why is he stating the obvious" then I sa the (s)

Excellent work. No chance I could ever get near it in quality
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Dearie, dearie, me.

I didn't get that last post to start with !  X_X

(Thank you, Mark !  :P)

Cheers - Phil.  ;)

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Techno

Quote from: Orcs on 14 November 2016, 08:22:14 AM
Excellent work. No chance I could ever get near it in quality

Well...
Firstly......having told a number of you that you COULD paint figures, as well as Matt, if you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY took time.....(You simply wouldn't be able to do them to that standard, anything like as quickly as Matt.)

Secondly.....If I took a lot of time, I could 'forge you a Matt'...(Only as a single figure, I hasten to add.)
I've now changed my mind completely......I couldn't get CLOSE to most of the detail on those figures.
I'm in complete awe.....and I hate him.  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Mr Put-In-His-Place.

Matt J

Firstly......having told a number of you that you COULD paint figures, as well as Matt, if you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY took time.....(You simply wouldn't be able to do them to that standard, anything like as quickly as Matt.)

So true Phil, but I do really take my time over anything that will go on the website. Its spend double the time for that extra 10% in finish.
At the end of the day it's painting by numbers, you just need the plan (in this case sculpt) to be good. Phil's done all the hard work you just need to colour it in*  :)

Matt

* I have a degree in Geography so I've done a lot of colouring in  ;)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Jesus

Very Nice, surprises working with shields
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!