First book to read on the SYW

Started by cameronian, 07 November 2016, 07:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Jeez, never thought of myself as disabled. Back on thread, why not try The Ladybird Book of the Seven Years War?l =l
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cameronian

Perhaps its subconscious, as in, they are less likely to see me, warts and all, so I've got a better chance  ;)
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Leman on 21 January 2017, 01:12:59 PM
Jeez, never thought of myself as disabled. Back on thread, why not try The Ladybird Book of the Seven Years War?l =l
Is there one?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Not that I'm aware of. I tend to think of Ladybird books as a 1950s thing, and at that time I don't think they would have been too keen on a book dedicated to a German hero. They did do Alfred the Great and Alexander the Great though.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just it might be too advanced for my reading level, but I'm sure my Mum could read it too me at bedtime!  ;) :D ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: cameronian on 22 January 2017, 05:14:08 PM
Perhaps it's subconscious, as in, they are less likely to see me, warts and all, so I've got a better chance  ;)

That must be it. :)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 23 January 2017, 08:24:17 AM
Not that I'm aware of. I tend to think of Ladybird books as a 1950s thing, and at that time I don't think they would have been too keen on a book dedicated to a German hero. They did do Alfred the Great and Alexander the Great though.

Alas, no SYW that I can see .... but definitely not your 1950's image :)

https://www.penguin.co.uk/series/LBGU/ladybird-books-for-grown-ups/

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

I always wished there had been a Ladybird Book of Ladybirds.